Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, sho said:

Not just looking at a ban on assault type weapons, if the abortion issue in indeed 'settled' then the GOP need to address ways to prevent unwanted pregnancie/kids (better education, better access to healthcare etc).  More mental health professionals to assist the women who are forced to keep the baby, and to the kids that grow up feeling unwanted and unloved.  The GOP will also need to improve Foster Care and the Foster Care "parents" (the devastating stories my wife could share from the what she's experienced at her job would gut you), lower the cost of adoption, expand medicare for kids, free lunches for school age kids, expand SNAP, daycare assistance etc.    So much work needs to be done on the back end, if abortion is 'settled' to assist people that will be impacted by forced birth.

1) on a national level the GOP cannot address anything without the DEM involved to pass legislation or budgets.  So the NEED part means they have to work together.  Some states have super majorities with a party so it would be incumbent on a single party to pass legislation. 
2) We already have sex education in middle and high schools (and yes parents who freak out about that are dopes and doing their kids a disservice) and parents need to address ways to educate their kids at home on the consequences of being sexually active.   It’s not a “GOP” issue.

3) No one is forced to keep any baby.  It’s why we have an adoption process and so many families in the US are waiting for children to adopt but never get the chance.  And yes, the adoption process should not cost what it currently costs.  
4) improving the foster care system would be a great place for politicians to work together.  Both Dem and GOP.

5) not sure if you have kids or are aware but kids who can’t afford school lunch and breakfast already get it free.  it some states, millionaires kids get free breakfast and lunch 

6) Daycare solutions for those under a certain household income would be welcome for both parties to come together and figure out. 

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1) on a national level the GOP cannot address anything without the DEM involved to pass legislation or budgets.  So the NEED part means they have to work together.  Some states have super majorities with a party so it would be incumbent on a single party to pass legislation. 
2) We already have sex education in middle and high schools (and yes parents who freak out about that are dopes and doing their kids a disservice) and parents need to address ways to educate their kids at home on the consequences of being sexually active.   It’s not a “GOP” issue.

3) No one is forced to keep any baby.  It’s why we have an adoption process and so many families in the US are waiting for children to adopt but never get the chance.  And yes, the adoption process should not cost what it currently costs.  
4) improving the foster care system would be a great place for politicians to work together.  Both Dem and GOP.

5) not sure if you have kids or are aware but kids who can’t afford school lunch and breakfast already get it free.  it some states, millionaires kids get free breakfast and lunch 

6) Daycare solutions for those under a certain household income would be welcome for both parties to come together and figure out. 

This post is laughable. You blame these issues on a lack of working together when one party has been stonewalled trying to do the right things while the GOP fights against these things at every chance.

Do you pay any attention at all to what the GOP has been doing and to what they have been silent about and not even attempted? ….that was rhetorical, obviously the answer is no.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4
18 hours ago, sho said:

Not just looking at a ban on assault type weapons, if the abortion issue in indeed 'settled' then the GOP need to address ways to prevent unwanted pregnancie/kids (better education, better access to healthcare etc).  More mental health professionals to assist the women who are forced to keep the baby, and to the kids that grow up feeling unwanted and unloved.  The GOP will also need to improve Foster Care and the Foster Care "parents" (the devastating stories my wife could share from the what she's experienced at her job would gut you), lower the cost of adoption, expand medicare for kids, free lunches for school age kids, expand SNAP, daycare assistance etc.    So much work needs to be done on the back end, if abortion is 'settled' to assist people that will be impacted by forced birth.

I agree 100%.  Do I believe the GOP will go on to champion those causes?  Not in a 1000 years.    There is so much more that could be done if only the parties could learn to work together.  Right now a particular laptop is more important than the issues you bring up in your post. 

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This post is laughable. You blame these issues on a lack of working together when one party has been stonewalled trying to do the right things while the GOP fights against these things at every chance.

Do you pay any attention at all to what the GOP has been doing and to what they have been silent about and not even attempted? ….that was rhetorical, obviously the answer is no.

Oh…..you were saying.  I think your post was the laughable one unless you have some homework to share instead of just general blabber. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/community-family/conservative-house-republicans-roll-out-post-dobbs-family-policy-agenda

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/during-abortion-debate-gop-pledged-focus-on-kids-do-sc-speakers-adoption-bills-deliver/article_31659e68-9777-11ed-88c8-8fbb0dffef53.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/08/upshot/child-care-republicans-democrats.html

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Healthcare and repeal replace /GOP rant

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Rolled out an agenda….

Championing….

Can’t agree on how to finance….

:lol::lol::lol:

Wake me up when they actually do something instead of simply giving minimal lip service from obscure corners of the party.

The GOP is way more concerned with instituting more 6 week abortion bans, banning abortions in cases of rape and incest, legalizing marriage of 12 year olds, making it a crime to travel out of state for healthcare, etc. Serving their puritanical religious beliefs is way more important to them than fixing the resulting problems created in the wake of their policies.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 5
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Rolled out an agenda….

Championing….

Can’t agree on how to finance….

:lol::lol::lol:

Wake me up when they actually do something instead of simply giving minimal lip service from obscure corners of the party.

The GOP is way more concerned with instituting more 6 week abortion bans, banning abortions in cases of rape and incest, legalizing marriage of 12 year olds, making it a crime to travel out of state for healthcare, etc. Serving their puritanical religious beliefs is way more important to them than fixing the resulting problems created in the wake of their policies.

What you probably don’t realize and what I should have shared with you in my last reply to you is that I agree with the basic concept of what you are saying in many cases.  The issue I have with you is that I name a few things that would be great for both parties to work on (making no judgements on either side about who has done or not done what) and your first sentence back to me is it’s laughable.   

The GOP politicians  should quit with grievance and backward looking politics.  I get why normal citizens do it, but politicians should be better.  The GOP does need to get rid of MTG’s of the world, the GOP does need to push back at the BS bills Fems make that have good compromise solutions with dumbass  poison pills in them just to make the GOP look bad for voting no on the package.   The GOP does need to be the bigger party and not just be focused on investigation the other party to stall an agenda like the Dems do.   

But it’s pretty hard to find any common ground with folks like yourself (who you and I are probably more aligned than you would like to think) when you think ideas are laughable that a poster proposes just cause there has been inaction on a national scale.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean...parents need too address unwanted pregnancies with their kids and as horrible as this sounds and some of you will freak out, they need to mainly talk to their daughters about it.

That "education" needs to be from home.  

Yes, it should start at home.  And sadly there are way too many bad parents or parents who are scared to talk about it.  Parents, doctors, health class etc should all be readily available to kids and presented at age appropriate ways. Also, all ways to prevent pregnancies should be discussed, birth control needs to be available and encouraged along with the wasting breath talking about abstinence.

1 minute ago, sho said:

Yes, it should start at home.  And sadly there are way too many bad parents or parents who are scared to talk about it.  Parents, doctors, health class etc should all be readily available to kids and presented at age appropriate ways. Also, all ways to prevent pregnancies should be discussed, birth control needs to be available and encouraged along with the wasting breath talking about abstinence.

Dude, I get it...but look at the nut job parents that are out there right now...they lose their mind about things that teachers say...now imagine having teachers talk about this stuff???

No thanks.  If parents were normal, maybe.

3 minutes ago, sho said:

3fah.gif

AlarmingSilentKakarikis-size_restricted.

3faT.gif

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

1--Yes, it needs to be bipartisan, but typically from what I've seen the far right seems to have more resistance to it to working towards that.   Also we are becoming more hyper-partisan that all elected officials need to stop worrying about "winning" and the other side "losing" and focusing on fixing regardless of who has the plan.

2--Needs to be more than just sex ed in school.   Annual check up with doctors, getting to an OB/GYN when at puberty.  Parents need to talk.  It's not just on the school.  And not just limited to females.   Males need to know what the consequences of having unprotected sex can do to them as well.   They may not get pregnant, but there are some seriously bad STDs that they do not want at all and need to understand how to prevent and protect themselves.

3--Poor wording on my part.  Yes, forced birth, though some women are forced to keep a child they don't want because of family situations.  They also will need mental health to deal with the situation.

4--100% agree it needs to be bipartisan.   The stories I hear make me curl up and cry.  The worst I've heard recently, my wife was working with a girl from the Southeast who was living in foster care, she was trafficked by the "parents", and by the time she was 14, she had 10+ STDs, and was physically abused so much, she would never be able have kids of her own.  Then add in the emotional scars she has on top of that.  I don't think she will ever be able to be able to have a trusting and productive life.  I am rooting for her, but she is really damaged physically and emotionally.  That's an extreme (I hope) but there's far too many horror stories coming from Foster Care, there needs to be a concerted effort to improve it.

5-I have multiple kids.  And the free meal program is based solely on income, and that threshold is low.   There are a lot of parents who make more than the threshold needed to qualify that still can't afford to feed their children.  Regardless of the choices the parents made in their debt acquisitions, kids should never be hungry in school.

6--I agree.  I've know families where the lower wage earner elects to quit working because what they would have paid in childcare was more than the paycheck.   And then they went on assistance programs.   We need to do better in that regard as well.

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What you probably don’t realize and what I should have shared with you in my last reply to you is that I agree with the basic concept of what you are saying in many cases.  The issue I have with you is that I name a few things that would be great for both parties to work on (making no judgements on either side about who has done or not done what) and your first sentence back to me is it’s laughable.   

The GOP politicians  should quit with grievance and backward looking politics.  I get why normal citizens do it, but politicians should be better.  The GOP does need to get rid of MTG’s of the world, the GOP does need to push back at the BS bills Fems make that have good compromise solutions with dumbass  poison pills in them just to make the GOP look bad for voting no on the package.   The GOP does need to be the bigger party and not just be focused on investigation the other party to stall an agenda like the Dems do.   

But it’s pretty hard to find any common ground with folks like yourself (who you and I are probably more aligned than you would like to think) when you think ideas are laughable that a poster proposes just cause there has been inaction on a national scale.  

To be clear, I wasn’t laughing at the proposed policies. I was laughing that anyone would still think that the Republican party is actually interested enough to act on them. The evidence has been overwhelmingly clear that they won’t act and it has nothing to do with both sides needing to get along better (which, yes, would be helpful).

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, I get it...but look at the nut job parents that are out there right now...they lose their mind about things that teachers say...now imagine having teachers talk about this stuff???

No thanks.  If parents were normal, maybe.

Yeah, I don't envy teachers.   Parents have really ruined that profession.   I saw a headline and header, didn't read the story, where a teacher was terminated for giving students a zero on mandatory assignments that they didn't turn in.   School policy was that they get a 50% for that so they can still pass the class/grade.   Doing kids a complete disservice because parents coddle too much.

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, sho said:

Yeah, I don't envy teachers.   Parents have really ruined that profession.   I saw a headline and header, didn't read the story, where a teacher was terminated for giving students a zero on mandatory assignments that they didn't turn in.   School policy was that they get a 50% for that so they can still pass the class/grade.   Doing kids a complete disservice because parents coddle too much.

Right?!?!

Imagine Jr coming home and saying "Mr. Smith said to use a rubber during sex"

My god...

Or "Girls, you will really want to listen here and make sure you are the responsible one since you can get pregnant and guys can't"

BOOM!