Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Creating a Republican Utopia, one stupid law at a time.

I think it’s great that Ob/Gyn’s are leaving these states, and it makes sense since their medical knowledge and abilities are not valued in those places. Hopefully enough of them relocate to places that aren’t backwards that it causes the people of those states to do something about their ultra conservative right wing politician problems.

• Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t believe this actually happened. I don’t like their laws and can understand some confusion by doctors but, if they really refused to provide care, they shouldn’t be practicing medicine. If things were really that bad, those doctors would leave to practice in other states. Feel pretty safe saying this is complete bulls#!t.

• TBH 2
18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t believe this actually happened. I don’t like their laws and can understand some confusion by doctors but, if they really refused to provide care, they shouldn’t be practicing medicine. If things were really that bad, those doctors would leave to practice in other states. Feel pretty safe saying this is complete bulls#!t.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/05/01/1172973274/oklahoma-abortion-ban-exception-life-of-mother-molar-pregnancy

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/politics/government/2023/04/25/abortion-ban-oklahoma-women-seek-live-saving-emergency-pregnancy-care-supreme-court-roe-v-wade/70131031007/

Oklahoma’s Republican lawmakers responded to the U.S. Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade last year by quickly enacting multiple abortion bans, and although exceptions for a medical emergency or to “save the life” of the pregnant person are included, doctors across the state have dealt with confusion and fear of prosecution when caring for women like Statton. 

Doctors at the University of Oklahoma Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center in Oklahoma City, had given Statton fluids after one night in the hospital and now wanted to send her home with instructions to quickly return if her health worsened.

“They said the best thing that we can tell you is go sit in the parking lot until something serious happens and then come back and we’ll work on you,” Statton told The Oklahoman. 

“They weren’t being mean, they just said that’s the only option you have. And then the doctor said, ‘You know, we can't do an abortion here but there are other states that can.’”

10 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

7 minutes ago, sho said:

I stand corrected. It just seemed unbelievably sensational but I guess that’s what happens when there are ludicrous laws on the books. If I was a doctor or female of child bearing age I would be so out of that s#!thole state. 

I want to say people get what they vote for but all too often it’s the people that don’t vote for it that pay the price.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2

The GOP is going to explode (and not in a good way).

FDA panel backs over-the-counter sales of birth control pill

Federal health advisers said Wednesday that a decades-old birth control pill should be sold without a prescription, paving the way for a likely U.S. approval of the first over-the-counter contraceptive medication.

The panel of FDA advisers voted unanimously in favor of drugmaker Perrigo’s request to sell its once-a-day medication over the counter. The recommendation came at the close of a two-day meeting focused on whether women could safely and effectively take the pill without professional supervision. A final FDA decision is expected this summer.

If the agency follows the nonbinding recommendation, Perrigo’s drug, Opill, would become the first contraceptive pill to be moved out from behind the pharmacy counter onto store shelves. The company said sales could begin late this year if OK’d.

The outside experts said they were mostly confident that women of all ages could use the drug appropriately without seeing a health provider first.

“In the balance between benefit and risk, we’d have a hard time justifying not taking this action,” said Maria Coyle, an Ohio State University pharmacist, who chaired the panel. “The drug is incredibly effective, and I think it will be effective in the over-the-counter realm just as it is in the prescription realm.”

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

42 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I am still curious how "getting rid" of Roe v Wade is going to work out in a lot of states.  When Roe v Wade was in place, the abortion debate was basically about electing people to nominate judges.  Now that it is up to state reps, and a very real topic; I wonder how these hard core anti-choice politicians are going to fair in red states.  Even in Nebraska, the unicameral got cold feet...(we'll see how long that lasts though.)

• TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...