Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, I’m pretty strongly anti-abortion but even I am good up to the 18-20 week range. After 20 probably needs to be reserved for cases where the mother’s health or life are in danger or there is clearly something wrong with the fetus.

I know the whole issue is driven by religious zealots and the whole political wedge thing but it seems the vast majority agree with us. Only the whackos want it less than the first trimester or up until birth. The American people need to quit electing whackos, primarily because they support radical judges.

Wackos should not rule the world.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

18 hours ago, nic said:

Protests at the SCOTUS houses and elsewhere. Anyone else have a feeling this is going to end badly?  I think I am OK with legislating abortion. It will be a few years of pain, but maybe we will come to a middle ground like Europe …13 weeks or something like that.

We've had a middle ground with Roe, but one side couldn't leave well enough alone.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We've had a middle ground with Roe. But one side couldn't leave well enough alone.

This. This. This.

Just stop voting Republican as long as they continue with this s#!t. 

Regular Americans were fine with the abortion compromise. No one was happy but we weren't marching in the streets. They are stirring this s#!t up 50 years after Roe to drive wedges between us.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

For reference, America is FAR more radical than just about every single European country on abortion:

20220504_164122.thumb.jpg.796113f37314928227698b9901eeae24.jpg

That 11 to 20 weeks might be misleading, too. My friend from Denmark told me it was somewhere in the low teens 20 years ago. I think seeing 11 to 15 separated from 16 to 20 would be interesting.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

We've had a middle ground with Roe. But one side couldn't leave well enough alone.

ROE went to 26 or 27 weeks right?... Then let the states decide from there? Some went pretty far north of 26. RNG said the ruling was precarious the way it was handed down.

• Plus1 2

43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This. This. This.

Just stop voting Republican as long as they continue with this s#!t. 

Regular Americans were fine with the abortion compromise. No one was happy but we weren't marching in the streets. They are stirring this s#!t up 50 years after Roe to drive wedges between us.

As always, there’s always room for adjustments and changes without tearing down the house. 

50 minutes ago, nic said:

That 11 to 20 weeks might be misleading, too. My friend from Denmark told I. It was somewhere in the low teens 20 years ago. I think seeing 11 to 15 separated from 16 to 20 would be interesting.

Told I. 

Trying to think how autocorrect would come up with that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Told I. 

Trying to think how autocorrect would come up with that.

I don’t know. I corrected it for you. It took years for someone on the husker board to correct grammar. On the Michigan board, people pounce in seconds. You should all be commended for not being as snooty as UofM posters. :cowbell:

6 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

some of the most extreme fervor against comprehensive sex education, access to contraceptives and related healthcare, etc.

This has been an area which makes too much sense to be ignored. If we are too ever find the middle ground you have to start here if you are pro-life. Doesn’t it make sense to stop abortion at the point it wouldn’t be needed?? This seems to be the easiest point to find common ground but some have a all but nothing attitude. 

• Plus1 2

Wait what? Who is Laurie Kilmartin?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msnbc-guest-wants-sweet-love-180854161.html

“I would like to find out who the leaker is. So I can make sweet love to that person because that person is a hero,"

"A lot of people are saying the leaker could be a conservative. If the leaker is a Republican, and if I get pregnant during our love making, I will joyfully abort our fetus,"

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

This has been an area which makes too much sense to be ignored. If we are too ever find the middle ground you have to start here if you are pro-life. Doesn’t it make sense to stop abortion at the point it wouldn’t be needed?? This seems to be the easiest point to find common ground but some have a all but nothing attitude. 

It ends up being the hardest point to find common ground because one side essentially adopts the position that putting any barrier in the way of the potential of life being made is tantamount to murder...

except only in select arguments that conveniently only put the burden on women.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, nic said:

Wait what? Who is Laurie Kilmartin?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/msnbc-guest-wants-sweet-love-180854161.html

“I would like to find out who the leaker is. So I can make sweet love to that person because that person is a hero,"

"A lot of people are saying the leaker could be a conservative. If the leaker is a Republican, and if I get pregnant during our love making, I will joyfully abort our fetus,"

She is the Dave Chappell of liberal abortion jokes!  

You should hear her bit on adoption....soooooo funny!