Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@TGHusker  This US map is interesting when thinking about how now it's going to be up to the states and how state legislature races are going to be so important.

So....if no state is above 41% for a total abortion ban, and Republican politicians are going to keep campaigning heavily as a pro-life candidate that is going to ban abortions, it's possible that we are going to see a swing to Democrats at the state level.  How many pro-choice people were voting for staunch pro-life candidates because they never thought it would be over turned at the SCOTUS level.

One of the unintended consequences may eventually be a good one. This may serve the purpose of reducing the number of religious zealots who get elected. If support for complete abortion ban averages 25%-30% and maxes out at 41%, one would think that would have a pretty big impact on who gets elected at the state level going forward. And that may translate to national offices. What’s the old saying, be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

I don’t like abortion and I’m personally against it in many cases but our government has absolutely no business outlawing them except in certain late term situations. This may be the impetus to settle this BS once and for all. Unfortunately it won’t help to get the topic out of our elections for quite awhile. Sure some of the more backward states will go bats#!t for awhile but eventually, maybe, hopefully they’ll get more in line with the 70% who think it’s okay for the most part.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

One of the unintended consequences may eventually be a good one. This may serve the purpose of reducing the number of religious zealots who get elected. If support for complete abortion ban averages 25%-30% and maxes out at 41%, one would think that would have a pretty big impact on who gets elected at the state level going forward. And that may translate to national offices. What’s the old saying, be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

I don’t like abortion and I’m personally against it in many cases but our government has absolutely no business outlawing them except in certain late term situations. This may be the impetus to settle this BS once and for all. Unfortunately it won’t help to get the topic out of our elections for quite awhile. Sure some of the more backward states will go bats#!t for awhile but eventually, maybe, hopefully they’ll get more in line with the 70% who think it’s okay for the most part.

I could not be more for it!  If I ran for office it would pretty much be the only platform I ran on.  Ha

Anyway, my hunch is that this will either not really happen or that if it will, a lot of states will still keep it legal.  No matter what, we know it is never going away.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I could not be more for it!  If I ran for office it would pretty much be the only platform I ran on.  Ha

Anyway, my hunch is that this will either not really happen or that if it will, a lot of states will still keep it legal.  No matter what, we know it is never going away.

Thr states where it is above water and aren't hopelessly gerrymandered to hell will probably legalize it. The others will outlaw it and celebrate absolutely OD'ing on the smell of their holy Christian farts for a while.

I have a feeling though that long-run the zealoty types will continue campaigning and their voters will continue reliably electing them. For a lot of these people it's too deeply ingrained in their identity. And the zealots will keep right on running on *PROTECTING* the sanctity of life. "If we don't win they'll legalize abortions and they'll be on every street corner!"

Presto, the supply of farts rolls on forevermore.

The data for # of women having abortions between the ages of 30 and 45 does not paint a good picture for pro-choice.

Neither does the data for women having their 2nd and 3rd abortions.  Or married women. Or women with children. 

You add it up and see a different light, from the common arguement and perception of abortions to protect rape, incest and teens

I used to study this daily, and stopped some time around 2014. It was too heavy, way out of control, but glad the numbers have gone down a bit since 2017.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, admo said:

I used to study this daily, and stopped some time around 2014. It was too heavy, way out of control, but glad the numbers have gone down a bit since 2017.

The numbers have been steadily going down for well on 50 years

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, admo said:

The data for # of women having abortions between the ages of 30 and 45 does not paint a good picture for pro-choice.

Neither does the data for women having their 2nd and 3rd abortions.  Or married women. Or women with children. 

You add it up and see a different light, from the common arguement and perception of abortions to protect rape, incest and teens

No doubt the shear numbers of abortion are way higher than most of us would like. Too often it is used as birth control imo. BUT I also have major concerns if these people were left no other choice but to have these babies. If you think parents are currently struggling to raise kids right, just think how much worse it would be with hundreds of thousands more unwanted children. I don’t like how it’s being used but it’s also not my job or the government’s to control people’s lives. Personally my line in the sand is late term abortions, well after viability…..and I don’t believe that is a very big number. In a country that espouses personal freedom, safe and legal abortions should be available without equivocation. Anything short of that is simply one group imposing it’s druthers on others.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Republicans lost the national popular vote in seven out of the last eight presidential elections, but have appointed six of the nine current Supreme Court justices.

Stop the Steal!

If we elected Presidents  by popular vote you’d be onto something.  

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

No doubt the shear numbers of abortion are way higher than most of us would like. Too often it is used as birth control imo. BUT I also have major concerns if these people were left no other choice but to have these babies. If you think parents are currently struggling to raise kids right, just think how much worse it would be with hundreds of thousands more unwanted children. I don’t like how it’s being used but it’s also not my job or the government’s to control people’s lives. Personally my line in the sand is late term abortions, well after viability…..and I don’t believe that is a very big number. In a country that espouses personal freedom, safe and legal abortions should be available without equivocation. Anything short of that is simply one group imposing it’s druthers on others.

I know where you're coming from. I'm just recalling from what I remember. I stay away from it and keep my thoughts to myself.  My views haven't changed tho.

I was never a protester or anything of the sort. That's not my personality.  It's an important topic, it's a hot leaked topic for certain reasons, and I'm smart enough to be out of it.