Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s where I am at too. In fact I think a vast majority of people are comfortable with that 12 week cutoff. One would think rape and incest would usually be handled by that point but imo those and the mothers health should always be qualifying exceptions. If they want to lock it down and ban abortion after 12 weeks, I’m on board.

Heck I could even be talked into 10 weeks. Some of these 6-8 week deals….the person may not even realize they are pregnant yet.

Going back to my pre-birth classes the Mrs. and I took, the first 4 weeks of pregnancy is the time between the last cycle and the missed period. My bad if I'm remembering wrong.

21 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Going back to my pre-birth classes the Mrs. and I took, the first 4 weeks of pregnancy is the time between the last cycle and the missed period. My bad if I'm remembering wrong.

Sounds about right but many women have irregular periods and can miss one without assuming/knowing they are pregnant.

I understand that between 6 weeks and 10 or 12 or whenever is sort of a person’s preference.  Lots of debate over at time of fertilization, detectable heartbeat, fetus viability. My preference just happens to be giving the mother enough time to make the decision and to have the procedure be safe if that is the route chosen. I feel the 10-12 week timeframe gives them that. Any later and it starts striking me as a bit murdery. I mean my gut feeling is most abortions are done to correct a lack of responsibility but if we can start writing laws for that there might be even better places to start.

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s where I am at too. In fact I think a vast majority of people are comfortable with that 12 week cutoff. One would think rape and incest would usually be handled by that point but imo those and the mothers health should always be qualifying exceptions. If they want to lock it down and ban abortion after 12 weeks, I’m on board.

Heck I could even be talked into 10 weeks. Some of these 6-8 week deals….the person may not even realize they are pregnant yet.

This is why I think there’s a chance this backfires for GOP.  Most people feel this way.

But in states like Nebraska they want zero abortion for any reason outside of mothers life at risk.  Even that 1% of raped women and children  will be forced to carry.

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is why I think there’s a chance this backfires for GOP.  Most people feel this way.

But in states like Nebraska they want zero abortion for any reason outside of mothers life at risk.  Even that 1% of raped women and children  will be forced to carry.

As usual its the extremists that prevent sensible laws. Zero from time of fertilization or no limits whatsoever…those are the whackos that keep it alive.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

LB933 that barely failed due to filibuster this spring.  One of the people who didn’t vote has since passed and replaced by Ricketts.  There is talk of a special session because they think it could get passed now.

http://update.legislature.ne.gov/?p=32190

If Patty Pansing Brooks wins tomorrow special election to fill Fartenberry's vacant House seat, Ricketts will appoint a conservative to the Unicameral.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Patty Pansing Brooks wins tomorrow special election to fill Fartenberry's vacant House seat, Ricketts will appoint a conservative to the Unicameral.

In that case I hope Flood wins.  He should.

That would for sure get that bill passed since I’m pretty sure she was a vote against.

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Fartenberry ??? Is that a real name? :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I went to preschool with Patty Pansing. She was my first girlfriend.

I hear she's changed. 

• Haha 3