Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I agree as a pro-life person.  It seems that Taliban like politicians either (1)never thought this court would ever cancel Roe and are just winging it without thinking of the ramifications or (2) these far right politicians had this hard core response in mind all along and their “legalism “ trumps all consideration of fairness and reason in a true life situation 

Based on past history (i.e. a GOP healthcare plan any day now) I tend to think it's the former, but the later is equally plausible.

It is amazing to me that the vast majority of posters here on HB have the same thought process I do, especially, in such a ruby red state. 

I'd love to know the general area of where those of you who are pro-choice live, and those who are pro-live are.  Just to get an idea of where these thought centers are in our state, LOL....

10 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

It is amazing to me that the vast majority of posters here on HB have the same thought process I do, especially, in such a ruby red state. 

I'd love to know the general area of where those of you who are pro-choice live, and those who are pro-live are.  Just to get an idea of where these thought centers are in our state, LOL....

I’m from a small town.

I think abortion is killing a human but I think it’s worse to force a rape victim to carry her rapist’s child than to kill a human that hasn’t been born. I think the life of the mother is more important. I don’t like any of the extreme pro-life takes on abortion. E.g. giving a pre-teen only 6 weeks to understand what’s happening to her body or to decide how safe it is to tell an adult she’s pregnant when it was an adult that hurt her. I don’t think the government should be very involved in regulating abortion (I.e. making it illegal) other than maybe a few restrictions. Not every sin/“sin” needs to be governed. And there is no way in hell contraception should have regulations. I don’t like the extreme pro-choice takes either, e.g. people saying my body my choice and thinking it’s that simple. The people you are arguing with believe there is another human involved besides the mother. Stop pretending you don’t realize that. 

So I’m not pro-life politically I’m just pro-life in thinking it’s killing a human.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I’m from a small town.

I think abortion is killing a human but I think it’s worse to force a rape victim to carry her rapist’s child than to kill a human that hasn’t been born. I think the life of the mother is more important. I don’t like any of the extreme pro-life takes on abortion. E.g. giving a pre-teen only 6 weeks to understand what’s happening to her body or to decide how safe it is to tell an adult she’s pregnant when it was an adult that hurt her. I don’t think the government should be very involved in regulating abortion (I.e. making it illegal) other than maybe a few restrictions. Not every sin/“sin” needs to be governed. And there is no way in hell contraception should have regulations. I don’t like the exteme pro-choice takes either, e.g. people saying my body my choice and thinking it’s that simple. The people you are arguing with believe there is another human involved besides the mother. Stop pretending you don’t realize that. 

So I’m not pro-life politically I’m just pro-life in thinking it’s killing a human.

I feel pretty much the same. It's probably murder, or something close to it, and I think we should be allowed to do it.

7 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Central NE.  Basically anti abortion but realize some exceptions are needed. Safe, legal and rare works for me other than life of mom, rape/incest, horrific birth defects. 12-15 weeks if we allow just cuz.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I’m from a small town.

I think abortion is killing a human but I think it’s worse to force a rape victim to carry her rapist’s child than to kill a human that hasn’t been born. I think the life of the mother is more important. I don’t like any of the extreme pro-life takes on abortion. E.g. giving a pre-teen only 6 weeks to understand what’s happening to her body or to decide how safe it is to tell an adult she’s pregnant when it was an adult that hurt her. I don’t think the government should be very involved in regulating abortion (I.e. making it illegal) other than maybe a few restrictions. Not every sin/“sin” needs to be governed. And there is no way in hell contraception should have regulations. I don’t like the exteme pro-choice takes either, e.g. people saying my body my choice and thinking it’s that simple. The people you are arguing with believe there is another human involved besides the mother. Stop pretending you don’t realize that. 

I think this is where the majority of Americans are. And I’m in this group. 

But, we have to have the extremes be in charge. 

13 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Central NE.  Basically anti abortion but realize some exceptions are needed. Safe, legal and rare works for me other than life of mom, rape/incest, horrific birth defects. 12-15 weeks if we allow just cuz.

That is where I fall as well -- except the Central NE part:)  

Safe:  Abortion facilities should be regulated to the same standard as other medical facilities. 

Legal: for the issues you mentioned  - life of mother, rape/incest, horrific birth defects --  how does one define what is horrific is another slippery slope debate - some greatly  gifted people have been born blind, handicapped, etc and have contributed to the betterment of society - we didn't recognize their giftedness until much later of course.  So the value of a life shouldn't be judged on their utility to the society.  

Rare: 12-15 weeks  - I would lean towards 12 weeks.  Some researchers say pain can be felt by the fetus after 12 weeks but others conclude after 15 weeks.  Heartbeat as early as 6 weeks.  6 weeks is too early however for those conditions mentioned above.    

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Is there one actual pro-lifer here?

Because all of you pro-lifers add in a "but"...which makes you pro choice. 

No - still pro-life :)

Let's face it, if we aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum left or right - we are all pro-life - in that we want all of life to flourish regardless of our stage in life and we are pro-choice in that we understand there are reasonable choices that have to be made based on the situation before us.  

We want to avoid the Talibanian right - no excepts for any reason, or the Red Chinese communist left - forced abortions (which really isn't a choice but fully pro-abortion)

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No - still pro-life :)

Let's face it, if we aren't on the extreme end of the spectrum left or right - we are all pro-life - in that we want all of life to flourish regardless of our stage in life and we are pro-choice in that we understand there are reasonable choices that have to be made based on the situation before us.  

We want to avoid the Talibanian right - no excepts for any reason, or the Red Chinese communist left - forced abortions (which really isn't a choice but fully pro-abortion)

Yeah, so you are pro-choice.

I think the problem is, for pro lifers (anti-choicers) is that the marketing of this topic has been so perfectly executed that you feel if you admit you are pro-choice you are worried you will be called a baby killer.

It is odd because we don't see the same resistance on the topic of the death penalty.  People against the death penalty don't usually go "but"...they just say "I would rather have them locked up for life"

But for abortion, the pro lifers, almost always, say "but"...

It would all be so much easier if pro lifers that used the "but" would just say "Yeah, I hate abortion and I think all life should flourish but you know, there are extreme cases so I am pro choice"

Also, I don't want all life to flourish, serial killers, mass shooters, rapists, pedos...those people should all be executed. 

I totally get what you are saying , I do, but when you add in the "but" you are pro choice.

Now, if you don't add in the but and say "no abortion ever, EVER" you are pro life. 

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think the problem is, for pro lifers (anti-choicers) is that the marketing of this topic has been so perfectly executed that you feel if you admit you are pro-choice you are worried you will be called a baby killer.

It is odd because we don't see the same resistance on the topic of the death penalty.  People against the death penalty don't usually go "but"...they just say "I would rather have them locked up for life"

It would all be so much easier if pro lifers that used the "but" would just say "Yeah, I hate abortion and I think all life should flourish but you know, there are extreme cases so I am pro choice"

Also, I don't want all life to flourish, serial killers, mass shooters, rapists, pedos...those people should all be executed. 

I totally get what you are saying , I do, but when you add in the "but" you are pro choice.

Now, if you don't add in the but and say "no abortion ever, EVER" you are pro life. 

Or you can say - You are pro-life except for the few cases where the female would choose otherwise. chuckleshuffle

So yes, maybe Pro-life/Choice is a better term all the way around.  I've not met a person who is pro-choice who at the same time is pro-death.  I don't know Pro-life people personally who are anti-choice when it comes to those exceptions of life of mother, rape/incest, horrific birth defects. They are pro-choice on those issues and most have a time frame in mind as well - normally in the 8-22 week range.  Yes, the radical right have no exceptions and no date range - they are the true anti-choice and dare is say in some respects - anti-life.  

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The world is not black and white like that.  There are pro-life people who believe any abortion is wrong and should be banned.  There are also pro-life people who believe the baby at 12 weeks is a human and should be protected.....unless certain circumstances present themselves.  That's still pro-life.  

There are pro-choice people who believe it's not a human till it's born.  So, all abortions should be legal all the way up till birth....no questions asked.  There are also pro-choice people who believe everything should be a choice...but, still support banning late term abortions.  Those people are still pro-choice even though they want some limitations.

You're obviously very pro-choice and you want to say everyone else is pro-choice so that you can be in a bigger group.  That's not reality.

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Or you can say - You are pro-life except for the few cases where the female would choose otherwise. chuckleshuffle

So yes, maybe Pro-life/Choice is a better term all the way around.  I've not met a person who is pro-choice who at the same time is pro-death.  I don't know Pro-life people personally who are anti-choice when it comes to those exceptions of life of mother, rape/incest, horrific birth defects. They are pro-choice on those issues and most have a time frame in mind as well - normally in the 8-22 week range.  Yes, the radical right have no exceptions and no date range - they are the true anti-choice and dare is say in some respects - anti-life.  

That is a lot of words to admit there should be choice!  Haha

Again, I totally get your argument, I do and I actually like how you argue your thoughts!

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

The world is not black and white like that.  There are pro-life people who believe any abortion is wrong and should be banned.  There are also pro-life people who believe the baby at 12 weeks is a human and should be protected.....unless certain circumstances present themselves.  That's still pro-life.  

There are pro-choice people who believe it's not a human till it's born.  So, all abortions should be legal all the way up till birth....no questions asked.  There are also pro-choice people who believe everything should be a choice...but, still support banning late term abortions.  Those people are still pro-choice even though they want some limitations.

You're obviously very pro-choice and you want to say everyone else is pro-choice so that you can be in a bigger group.  That's not reality.

It would be impossible for me to care about the group I am in.

With that said, I have never personally met a true Pro-lifer...since they always toss in the but...

And the world can be black and white like that, it is easy.  Because in this case if you are pro-life and add in the but...you are actually pro choice.

It is like if you go "I am not for the death penalty except in really rare cases" guess what, you are for the death penalty.