Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

People against abortions are weird. 

47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People who kill unborn babies  are weird 

Both statements are wrong and we keep shouting past each other without listening. Most Pro life people, which I am one, sincerely believe a life is at stake here and there are many reaching out to help those women in a crisis pregnancy. At the same time a reasonable solution needs to be reach by our society to address this issue once and for all without treating women as a political pawn. Pro choice women have real life altering concerns that must be addressed in a respectful manner. I don’t know what the solution is but this decision solves very little. It spreads the battle to 50 states. It reminds me of the pre civil war state classification of free state vs slave state.  Seems like we setting the stage for great unrest on so many political issues. We Need the wisdom of Solomon. 

• Plus1 4
54 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

No doubt the shear numbers of abortion are way higher than most of us would like. Too often it is used as birth control imo. BUT I also have major concerns if these people were left no other choice but to have these babies. If you think parents are currently struggling to raise kids right, just think how much worse it would be with hundreds of thousands more unwanted children. I don’t like how it’s being used but it’s also not my job or the government’s to control people’s lives. Personally my line in the sand is late term abortions, well after viability…..and I don’t believe that is a very big number. In a country that espouses personal freedom, safe and legal abortions should be available without equivocation. Anything short of that is simply one group imposing it’s druthers on others.

I think almost everyone is in agreement that late term abortions should be illegal unless the health of the mother is in jeopardy, or the pregnancy is no longer viable.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, admo said:

I know where you're coming from. I'm just recalling from what I remember. I stay away from it and keep my thoughts to myself.  My views haven't changed tho.

I was never a protester or anything of the sort. That's not my personality.  It's an important topic, it's a hot leaked topic for certain reasons, and I'm smart enough to be out of it.

I can appreciate that. The last thing HB needs is yet another abortion rehash :lol: We probably agree more than you know. I just think abortion rights and religion are (should be) in completely different realms than laws and government.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

I think almost everyone is in agreement that late term abortions should be illegal unless the health of the mother is in jeopardy, or the pregnancy is no longer viable.

Think about the other issues as well. You asking people who don't want to have a kid to support them for 18 years with no subsidized healthcare, no mandatory maternity leave, insane prices for daycare, and one of the worst maternal death rates in the developed world.

I’m not asking them for anything. I may personally feel one way but I also think the gubment should stay the eff out of it, as in it should be legal.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Both statements are wrong and we keep shouting past each other without listening. Most Pro life people, which I am one, sincerely believe a life is at stake here and there are many reaching out to help those women in a crisis pregnancy. At the same time a reasonable solution needs to be reach by our society to address this issue once and for all without treating women as a political pawn. Pro choice women have real life altering concerns that must be addressed in a respectful manner. I don’t know what the solution is but this decision solves very little. It spreads the battle to 50 states. It reminds me of the pre civil war state classification of free state vs slave state.  Seems like we setting the stage for great unrest on so many political issues. We Need the wisdom of Solomon. 

The original framework of Roe was pretty reasonable, but that barely lasted. First trimester no restrictions, second reasonable health regulations, and third only if medically necessary.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

The original frame work of Roe was pretty reasonable, but that barely lasted. First trimester no restrictions, second reasonable health regulations, and third only if medically necessary.

If that was the case ( I forgot what original Roe looked like) then both sides went  to polar ends —- late term abortions without restrictions on one side and banning almost all abortions on the other side 

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If that was the case ( I forgot what original Roe looked like) then both sides went  to polar ends —- late term abortions without restrictions on one side and banning almost all abortions on the other side 

Who wants unrestricted late term abortions?

• Plus1 2

We can discuss both the leak and the outcome of the case, but one is a much, much bigger deal than the other, and it's not particularly close.

It seems to me the people the least likely to be adversely affected by the ruling are terribly interested in discussing the horror of the leak.

• Plus1 1