Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t have anything to add on this subject but could you please, please type words that I find interesting. Thank you :lol:

Boobs

Beer

Cigars?

HVAC stuff (I don't really know a lot about what you do but I picture a lot of HVAC stuff and maybe a magazine on your desk, something like Sheet Metal Monthly or Heavy Metal, only it would not be about the music)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

We literally are proving that most Pro lifers are actually pro choicers, we have even had posters post how they have changed their mind because of the language.  

Think about that, posters have actually changed life long stances because of the language and that is not interesting?

They didn't change their mind about how they feel about abortion.

Pro-choice people have "but..." clauses too - does that make them actually pro-life?

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

They didn't change their mind about how they feel about abortion.

Pro-choice people have "but..." clauses too - does that make them actually pro-life?

I thought you did not want to post about language anymore.  Are you now saying it is important?

I do not have a "but" with pro choice, but Pro Choice means you have a choice, to have or not have the baby. 

Others might have a "but" with their pro choice stance.  

See, if you take away choice you are only left with "no option but birth, no matter what"

I don't think most people really want that.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder how many Republican voters were celebrating the RvW decision, but at some point will be thinking...."crap....but, I didn't mean for that to happen".  But, of course, so many won't admit that publically.  

There are also pro-life Dems (yes I know - kind of like the dinosaur) and independents who feel that way.  I'm one of those.  I've always thought Roe was a very bad decision Constitutionally.  However, I never expected its overturn would unleash a torrent  of  Neanderthal responses, rules, laws actions, words.  Maybe during a different political time it would not have.  But as I mentioned before, it may have been the right decision (constitutionally) at the wrong time.  That post above about making abortion punishable by death just reeks of legalism, judgmentalism, self righteousness, and blind callousness   and is no different than Islamic Fascism but this is "Christian" fascism.  It isn't Christian - Christ Like - at all.  The people speaking this are closer to the Taliban than to Christ. 

This SC decision made in the midst of the worst political culture since the civil war is releasing the terrifying under belly of the hard core religious & political right.  It shows the ugliness of so call "Christian" Nationalism - which isn't Christian at all. 

• Plus1 2

To add to the above:  I do acknowledge there have always been the kooky :blink: right fringe who would say stupid things.  I just was not prepared to see how unprepared the GOP was for this reversal.  But then again - I should have considered their response to Obamacare and their non-existent plan in response. But the degree to which the kookiness has taken over the GOP is now so very apparent.  This SC decision has brought it to light.  For the most part we have one party with a brain - but too often gets in its own way (the Dems) and one without a brain and is reliant on cult like group think.  

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Actually Jesus said that "eye for eye" in the old testament was wrong...

No you're wrong. God punishes those who go against him. He'll have his justice on this earth! Jesus said so.

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

No you're wrong. God punishes those who go against him. He'll have his justice on this earth! Jesus said so.

Not to get off on a tangent but that is quite different than the OT telling people an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth. God may very well punish those who go against him but Jesus repudiated the OT eye for eye talk.