Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Not to get off on a tangent but that is quite different than the OT telling people an eye for an eye and tooth for tooth. God may very well punish those who go against him but Jesus repudiated the OT eye for eye talk.

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any passages about Jesus talking about punishment here on earth. Everyone will get what's coming to them in the afterlife was his theme.

38 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any passages about Jesus talking about punishment here on earth. Everyone will get what's coming to them in the afterlife was his theme.

Actually his “theme” was forgiveness. But yes, there are plenty of contradictory things said at different times.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Actually his “theme” was forgiveness. But yes, there are plenty of contradictory things said at different times.

I just meant when it comes to all the violent judgement that extreme Christianits try to pin on Jesus.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I just meant when it comes to all the violent judgement that extreme Christianits try to pin on Jesus.

Well yeah…..because the extreme right wing Christians are anything but Christ like. I would not want to be one of them if/when there is a judgement day. 

43 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Oh!  You go to a “patriotic” church!

Nevermind then…

Ha, aren't they all patriotic though? Let's just say I use to go to the same church as Frotenberry when I lived at home.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No, you can.  SCOTUS has proclaimeth that thoust lord and god cares about thy football by praying on thine 50 yard line!

I mean that was fine. But SCOTUS and extreme christians need to realize this is a sectarian country, and for the good of world peace it needs to stay that way.

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Ha, aren't they all patriotic though? Let's just say I use to go to the same church as Frotenberry when I lived at home.

I was in ELCA.  Probably one of the most liberal denominations in the USA.  I got sick of praying for our politicians and having pastors tell me a “forgiven” Hitler is in heaven but a “non-accepting” Ghandi isn’t…

That and I was asked to teach middle school Sunday School.  After one week of trying to “teach” others what I professed to believe showed me in a hurry that I didn’t…

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

I mean that was fine. But SCOTUS and extreme christians need to realize this is a sectarian country, and for the good of world peace it needs to stay that way.

I agree with the ruling.

I also agree that the coach, and all folks that pray in public spaces are asshats.

• Plus1 1