Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I always get confused when those ballot issues are unclear on which side is which. In this instance, the NO vote means Kansas has turned down the ability for their legislature to impose more restrictive abortion laws. 

A no vote means the Kansas constitution protection for abortion stays put. So, you are correct. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

I don't want to get my hopes up, but Dobbs' is probably having a much larger effect than any Political Scientist could've imagined.

Frankly, the trigger laws from states are so insane that voters in Kansas of all places are saying enough is enough. I guess forcing a raped 10 year old to have a kid isn't a great political move.

Or Doctors waiting until a mother is near death so doctors are aren't charged with homicide...

These laws are so messed up that the writers of them need to be put in prison for causing suffering, and I genuinely mean that. It's disgusting. 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is an absolute smack-down. Americans want abortion to be safe and legal. Every poll indicates this, the outrage over the activist judges on the Supreme Court overturning settled law indicates this. 

I think (hope) that the Republicans are faced with the reality that the vast majority of Americans agree with this vote in Kansas.  It's amazing to me that this vote result was in one of the most red states in the US.

I also think that if the Republicans would have taken the RvW decision and not pushed through extremely restrictive laws in other states, this vote may have been different.  But, Americans are seeing what Republican governors are pushing through in red states, and they don't agree.

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is an absolute smack-down. Americans want abortion to be safe and legal. Every poll indicates this, the outrage over the activist judges on the Supreme Court overturning settled law indicates this. 

This wasn’t ever expected to pass here

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is govt 'for the people and by the people'.  This is democracy at work (same is true if the vote went the other way -except for that deceptive text program).  

Returning the issue back to the people as the SC did wt Dobbs may have some surprising outcomes long term.   This is one.