Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

How do they determine if the claim of rape or incest is real?

Can anyone just say they were raped? Or do they need to have someone found guilty in the justice system within 10 weeks?

I don't live in Indiana, and am not sure. Seems cumbersome at best.

30 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

so over 90% are for the myriad of other reasons chosen to kill the unborn child, which can be referred to as just because...rather than listing the myriad of other reasons.

That's an incredibly callous way to refer to those "myriad other reasons." It makes it sound like it's done on a whim.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I bet you do...but I'll play along.

Somewhere around 7% of abortions are due to rape, incest, or health of the mother.  So over 90% are for the myriad of other reasons chosen to kill the unborn child, which can be referred to as just because...rather than listing the myriad of other reasons.

Or, it means people don't :dunno

"just because" is definitely not the same as "myriad of other reasons". It's like saying people go to the emergency room 12% of the time for broken bones and car accidents and then the rest "fall into the just because category". You're trying to imply that those myriad of other reasons are not important by calling calling the reasoning "just because". And you're doing that without actually considering what those reasons are or might be - or what I called "based on [your] own pre-conceived notions of those reasons".

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

"just because" is definitely not the same as "myriad of other reasons". It's like saying people go to the emergency room 12% of the time for broken bones and car accidents and then the rest "fall into the just because category". You're trying to imply that those myriad of other reasons are not important by calling calling the reasoning "just because". And you're doing that without actually considering what those reasons are or might be - or what I called "based on [your] own pre-conceived notions of those reasons".

You're imprinting your views, not mine. You have chosen to put a label on me, without knowing  me...much the same as you are accusing me of doing. You're simply bickering because you don't find my point, which is true, to be in line with your personal view.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You're imprinting your views, not mine. You have chosen to put a label on me, without knowing  me...much the same as you are accusing me of doing. You're simply bickering because you don't find my point, which is true, to be in line with your personal view.

I'm calling out your attempt to be dismissive of any other reasons based on the language you used in your post. It has nothing to do with knowing you as I can read what you've written.

And I especially like where you assert that your point is true - again without anything to back it up but your own personal view while simultaneously accusing me of bickering based on my personal view - that's rich.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I'm calling out your attempt to be dismissive of any other reasons based on the language you used in your post. It has nothing to do with knowing you as I can read what you've written.

And I especially like where you assert that your point is true - again without anything to back it up but your own personal view while simultaneously accusing me of bickering based on my personal view - that's rich.

I covered "elective" abortions with "just because". Haven't we been bombarded with what a woman does with/to her body is nobody else's business and they don't need to justify a reason? How would you classify that...? 

I also gave a nod to the myriad reasons they may make such a choice, without spelling out particulars. That seems to be what pro abortion folks want. 

Not sure why you are calling me dismissive.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1