** 2022 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 1) **

• 3 weeks later...

Fitz gets talked about a lot. He's had some decent records at a tough place to win. But most of that success - at least in the last decade - has been based on playing very conservative and waiting for the other team to screw up. 

And it's been catching up to him.

I think that the Northwestern game even though it might look weak on paper so did Illinois last year so Nebraska has to come prepared. Yes i know that different team from last year but same thought Nebraska don't beat yourself bc Northwestern will capitalize on that. I think that Pat Fitzgerald win's with far less talented kids but Nebraska has lost with more talented kids so their is a trend. Think this year will be different in the sense that they win but can't get off on the wrong foot otherwise it's going to be a ugly guessing game on what teams they can win against to get to a bowl game.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think that the Northwestern game even though it might look weak on paper so did Illinois last year so Nebraska has to come prepared. Yes i know that different team from last year but same thought Nebraska don't beat yourself bc Northwestern will capitalize on that. I think that Pat Fitzgerald win's with far less talented kids but Nebraska has lost with more talented kids so their is a trend. Think this year will be different in the sense that they win but can't get off on the wrong foot otherwise it's going to be a ugly guessing game on what teams they can win against to get to a bowl game.

If Nebraska gets beat by Northwestern, they aren’t going to a bowl…

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
26 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Oh no believe that they can't turn it around during the season :waste

Okay.  What’s your “ugly guessing game” of the six teams you would count on them beating to get to a bowl if they were to lose the opener?

North Dakota

Georgia Southern 

Rutgers?

Indiana?

Illinois?

I would feel shaky counting on any Big10 win, if a loss to NW were to happen.

NU should start 3-0.  If they don’t, it’s going to be another forgettable season.

3 hours ago, Husker2326 said:

If they lose to Northwestern,  i really dont see Scott  having a job at the end of the season. Nebraska should  win this game as long as they dont beat themselves..

This has always been the case particularly against NW. There's always been untimely fumbles/INTs/ST errors that have allowed NW to keep the game close and win in some cases. Of the entire series since being in the Big Ten, only Nebraska has victories of 2 scores or more -'14 and '21. Those were due mostly to Nebraska's efficiency on offense.

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Okay.  What’s your “ugly guessing game” of the six teams you would count on them beating to get to a bowl if they were to lose the opener?

North Dakota

Georgia Southern 

Rutgers?

Indiana?

Illinois?

I would feel shaky counting on any Big10 win, if a loss to NW were to happen.

NU should start 3-0.  If they don’t, it’s going to be another forgettable season.

Well i hold out hope that if they were to lose their first game they can come together and play better after that.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Decked said:

NW is gonna be bad. If we struggle or lose good luck to Scott. 

Yea one thing we’ve struggled to do since he’s been here is just simply get off to a good start, build some confidence and relieve some of the pressure. Feels like this is the year we could finally do that if just take care of business in Ireland. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1