** 2022 Opponent Previews : Northwestern (Game 1) **

Did you know that Northwestern is leading the big 10 in recruiting right now. They are already sitting at 18 commitment's. That's alot and it's not even July yet. They are ranked the number 4 overall ranking on 247 sports team rankings. You know their fans are smiling thinking they will be ranked by the time the recruiting period is done. That's the closest they will ever get to having a number one class.:lol:

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hearing a lot of key players saying this is a "business trip" and all they care about it getting the Win.  

Hearing wayyy too much of that

You are going to friggin Ireland.  Once in a lifetime trip.  Go Practice, enjoy it, and then go play ball.

If it is a business trip angle, yall Husker players are going to be so UPtight that it will be 3rd quarter, before you even realize having fun - playing football in Ireland.  

Loosen up, mistakes happen, it's Ireland.... just play football and see what happens.

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, admo said:

Hearing a lot of key players saying this is a "business trip" and all they care about it getting the Win.  

You are going to friggin Ireland.  Once in a lifetime trip.  Go Practice, enjoy it, and then go play ball.

If it is a business trip angle, yall Husker players are going to be so UPtight that it will be 3rd quarter, before you even realize having fun - playing football in Ireland.  

Loosen up, mistakes happen, it's Ireland.... just play football and see what happens.

The mindset of championship Husker teams was all business.  Business doesn't mean nerves or tight.  I'm not tight leading an all-hands at work.  Have a goal.  Accomplish the goal.  

Next up.

Goal - smash NW.   All business.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, admo said:

I feel yah in what you are saying and as a former player on bad teams I know how some of these guys feel who have been in the program for while.  Yeah its a cool experience but it's gonna suck if you lose. That's what they will remember for the rest of their lives.  Hey I kissed the blarney stone but then I lost to NW and that sucked.  Kinda like if someone stole your wallet on vacation and that impeded your ability to have fun

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I feel yah in what you are saying and as a former player on bad teams I know how some of these guys feel who have been in the program for while.  Yeah its a cool experience but it's gonna suck if you lose. That's what they will remember for the rest of their lives.  Hey I kissed the blarney stone but then I lost to NW and that sucked.  Kinda like if someone stole your wallet on vacation and that impeded your ability to have fun

Yep. Losing would definitely ruin the whole trip. When I coached youth basketball the league had a big emphasis on having fun first (which I agree with) but one of the players in practice told me that. So I asked the whole team, what’s more fun, winning or losing? They all said winning and then got back to work. Work doesn’t preclude fun and nobody enjoys losing.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

The mindset of championship Husker teams was all business.  Business doesn't mean nerves or tight.  I'm not tight leading an all-hands at work.  Have a goal.  Accomplish the goal.  

Next up.

Goal - smash NW.   All business.

I understand, and I am positive you are very good leader.

This is a 3-9 team, not a championship Husker team (25 years ago).

The selling point of playing in Ireland to recruits and portal transfers was never "business trip". 

However, from the leader (HCSF) down to the captains, it is a business trip attitude.  Which only benefits the head coach, because if they can't win in Ireland against a marginal Northwestern team, his head coaching seat gets extremely hot.

Players have put in the work since Spring.  Let them loosen up a bit, enjoy Ireland, then play and prove it on the field.  

The idea of a business trip from a team that went 1-8 in conference is absurd.  

20 minutes ago, admo said:

I understand, and I am positive you are very good leader.

This is a 3-9 team, not a championship Husker team (25 years ago).

The selling point of playing in Ireland to recruits and portal transfers was never "business trip". 

However, from the leader (HCSF) down to the captains, it is a business trip attitude.  Which only benefits the head coach, because if they can't win in Ireland against a marginal Northwestern team, his head coaching seat gets extremely hot.

Players have put in the work since Spring.  Let them loosen up a bit, enjoy Ireland, then play and prove it on the field.  

The idea of a business trip from a team that went 1-8 in conference is absurd.  

Two points:

1. 1-8 in conference and were literally a half dozen plays from 5-4 or 6-3 in conference

2. Like the worthlessness of a preseason poll, we should care less about a ranking or approach and evaluate the product which yields results.  Conjecture never won anything.

14 hours ago, admo said:

I do feel like it's going to take a quarter for both teams to realize they are hitting, tackling and playing football.  Plus the opening game rust. 

This could be a first half snooze fest.  With a little separation occurring in the 2nd half.  

I'm predicting either a special teams or defensive TD as the first points scored.  

• Oh Yeah! 1