** 2022 Opponent Previews : Oklahoma (Game 4) **

7 minutes ago, Constant_Sooner said:

Our O-line has been a liability so far this season. We are returning W. Morris this week which will settle everyone back into their positions they had during fall camp. I don’t know much about Nebraska’s defensive front 7, but if they are at least average this will be a closer game than most want to admit. 

Being "at least average" is a tiny dot on the horizon that is only hypothetical at this point.  We just gave up the most yards in the history of Nebraska home games by our defense to Georgia Southern

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

My body is not ready for this game.

I believe I will have to start conditioning with even higher levels of alcohol to be in the right place for Saturday.

Perhaps you should consult Duval's Strength and Conditioning program to make sure you're ingesting the proper proportions of Tequila to Mezcal. :cheers

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

I look forward to seeing this game with a lot of curiosity.  Sit back and embrace it how it unfolds.  OU favored big and mighty, of course....  but, 11AM, in Lincoln, with our home base cheering.... Maybe it swings our way?

I hope the hometown fans will be super loud and rowdy, because I know our guys will feed off of it :woo

70's Neb vs OU:  Go Big Red! 

80's Neb vs OU:  Go Big Red! 

90's Neb vs OU:  Go Big Red! 

2000's Neb vs OU:  Go Big Red! 

This Saturday Neb vs OU: Go Big Red!

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
On 9/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, Constant_Sooner said:

Our O-line has been a liability so far this season. We are returning W. Morris this week which will settle everyone back into their positions they had during fall camp. I don’t know much about Nebraska’s defensive front 7, but if they are at least average this will be a closer game than most want to admit. 

Nebraska's defensive front seven is not average and, unfortunately, they are on the wrong side of average; more in the bad territory of the spectrum.

• TBH 1

4 minutes ago, Go Furself said:

Nebraska's defensive front seven is not average and, unfortunately, they are on the wrong side of average; more in the bad territory of the spectrum.

I’ve come to learn that since my original post. I watched some of both losses to see what happened. Will still be an interesting dynamic. OU’s best 5 on oline haven’t played a snap where they are “supposed” to be yet. We need better play out of our C and LG position to get this thing really going. Should be a fun game. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-upset-watch-week-3-2022

No. 6 Oklahoma (at Nebraska)

The Cornhuskers were the "upset watch" victim last week, but it's a new day in Lincoln. Scott Frost was fired the next day, and receivers coach Mickey Joseph – a former Husker and one of the best recruiters in the country – was named interim head coach. Joseph promised to make some tweaks to the way Nebraska has been operating. Will those tweaks by the difference that pushes Nebraska over the top in terms of winning the one-score games that were losses in recent years? We'll find out Saturday when the Sooners are greeted by a hopeful and reenergized Sea of Red looking to celebrate like it's 1995.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

This isn’t a game preview, but I think it would be great if every Nebraska player had FAMILY in attendance at the OU game. I don’t care how far away they live, I would figure out a legal way to get their butts in the seats (and hopefully standing) to support their player & his team. It has a puncher’s chance to be a historic victory and define a definite turning point on this season’s trajectory.

• Plus1 1
On 9/14/2022 at 3:16 PM, Undone said:

My body is not ready for this game.

I believe I will have to start conditioning with even higher levels of alcohol to be in the right place for Saturday.

I have no expectations for this game. None. It’s sort of a relaxed feeling. If OU wins big, I’ll make bank. If we keep it close or win, I’ll be elated. But yeah, the Bloody Mary’s will start being poured about 9AM.

• Plus1 1