** 2022 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

Athlon: Iowa 2022 Spring Preview

With spring practice set to begin for Iowa Hawkeyes, it's a different year but the same old story in Iowa City. Coming off of a 10-win season, the Hawkeyes return some key weapons, need to replace some key contributors, and will do so within the confines of arguably the most stable and consistent program in the Big Ten.

Kirk Ferentz and his staff have every reason to believe that they will once again be serious contenders in the Big Ten West. Like every season, however, that journey begins in the spring, and there is plenty for Iowa to work on and work out.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/iowa-football-hawkeyes-2022-spring-preview

The Athletic: Iowa football returns deep, talented defense, but will Hawkeyes improve enough on offense?

If Kirk Ferentz ever could find time to exhale as Iowa’s coach, the time is now.

The dean of FBS coaches, the 66-year-old Ferentz signed a contract extension through 2029. For the first time in school history, the Hawkeyes finished in the final rankings for the fourth straight season. Since 2015, Iowa has the ninth-most Power 5 victories and sits No. 3 among its Big Ten competitors. Over that span, the Hawkeyes have more double-digit winning seasons (three) than eight-win campaigns (two) if you remove pandemic-shortened 2020.

https://theathletic.com/3308720/2022/05/16/iowa-college-football-preview-schedule/

HuskerOnline: Iowa 2022 Spring Preview

"I usually make my prediction on July 4, so this is not my official prediction yet. But it's interesting looking at Vegas, and they're starting to issue their over/under for win totals and I was at 7.5 and I was kind of surprised by that. I thought it might be a little tick higher.

"I think Iowa they have two tough Big Ten crossover games this year. Michigan comes to Iowa City. And we saw what Michigan did to Iowa in the Big Ten championship game. So there's a little revenge there, but also a realization that that's a pretty good Michigan team too. And Iowa has to go to Ohio State and Ohio State's generally considered probably the No. 1 team in the conference going into this year.

"So if you're looking at two losses there, then you figure somewhere along the line you stubbed your toe. So I'm thinking that Iowa is probably a 9-3 team at this point going into the season. So that's kind of my way early prediction for the Hawkeyes this year."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-opponent-spring-review-iowa

CollegeFootballNews: Iowa 2022 Preview

Iowa will have a winning season and go bowling. While that sounds like underselling one of the steadiest programs in college football, it’s more like giving respect to a flawed team that has a dangerous schedule full of a whole lot of problems.

To keep harping on this, the defense will be great, but it only really works if it’s forcing mistakes. In hindsight, all of those turnovers were a tad inflated.

Of course, if it was so easy everyone would force 31 turnovers, but other than the four against Iowa State, most came against a slew of mediocre-to-bad teams, or in the case of Penn State, there were some extreme circumstances.

Whatever – find a way. That’s what Iowa does.

SET THE IOWA HAWKEYES REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL AT … 8

Iowa State is hardly a given, and going to Rutgers to start the Big Ten season could be funkier than it seems, but a 4-0 start would be a big deal with what’s coming.

The Hawkeyes catch the awful break of having to go to Ohio State and play Michigan, but the Wolverines come to Iowa City. More importantly, Wisconsin does, too.

There will be at least seven wins, and it’s going to take a collapse to not get there. However, going to Purdue and Minnesota is rough, at Illinois isn’t an easy out, and Nebraska almost certainly won’t be a bowl of pudding in crunch time like it normally is against the Hawkeyes.

Eight wins would be a good year against this slate, but as we’ve all learned from this program, assume that many wins or fewer at your own peril.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/05/iowa-hawkeyes-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players/3

Offense, Defense Breakdown | Keys To The Season
Iowa Top 10 Players Iowa Schedule & Analysis

More to come...

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Got the wife and I tix about 10 rows up off the 35 yd line.  Have never been to a game at Iowa before...

I enjoyed the game I attended there.  The sunken field gives kind of a cool vibe.  This was long before NU was in the B1G, Indiana beat Iowa and I was with a bunch of Hawkeye people for homecoming. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I enjoyed the game I attended there.  The sunken field gives kind of a cool vibe.  This was long before NU was in the B1G, Indiana beat Iowa and I was with a bunch of Hawkeye people for homecoming. 

That sounds pretty cool.  Had no idea about the field.  We are looking forward to it.  Hoping the weather is bearable or at least not terrible.

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Got the wife and I tix about 10 rows up off the 35 yd line.  Have never been to a game at Iowa before...

You will be about 20 rows below the entry point in row 10.  On the 35 you will also be almost right on top of the players.  I think people underestimate just how close to the field the stands are at Iowa.

• Fire 1