** 2022 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Looks like its settled at about 10.5.  Total is 37.5  So that implies about a 24-14 game.

The only way Iowa gets to 24 is with a defensive or special teams TD, right?

Iowa will cover the spread with their defense and special teams alone. 

Expect Nebraska to have multiple turnovers leading to easy Iowa points. Iowa wins easily 24-3.

• Plus1 2

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do you think Special Teams are going to be a deciding factor in Iowa's favor?

Mostly the totality of the special teams combined with the defense, not necessarily the special teams alone. 

But I expect Iowa to dominate field position, which really is going to be their defense doing the work. At the same time, I don't think any Husker fan should be surprised at a blocked kick or punt.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is going to be a 4-3 game on Friday.

Idk, I think iowa will be able to run the ball on us by the second half because our defense will have been in the field so much.   If we score it will be because of explosive plays,  not sustained drives.   I'm predicting a 3 to 1 time of possession advantage for Iowa.  My guess is we lose by 10+.  

• Plus1 1

If you are coming to Iowa City for the game - a few things to note:

The westbound I-80 ramp from 218/380 North is closed so you will have to take a detour a few miles out of the way if you are parked west of the stadium and heading down Melrose to 218/380.  The walk from downtown isn't too bad other than the cold wind down the river so parking in one of the lots on the East Side so that you can get out of town via Dubuque Street might be recommended.

The teams enter the stadium on the south end.  The Iowa team will get there for the Hawk Walk past the Kinnick statue right around 1:00.  The visiting team usually gets there a little before us and get dropped off on the SE corner of the stadium in case you want to be there to cheer on the Huskers as they get off the bus.

If you like to see the band show before they head to the stadium (similar to what the CMB does outside Westbrook) - the drumline performs about 2 hours before kickoff outside the north end of the stadium and the full band with the cheerleaders and dance team does a show about 90 minutes before kickoff in the Rec building which is just NW of the stadium.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

For those of you coming to Iowa City, have a great time! It would be nice if this game was earlier in the  year so that tailgating would be in full force and students were still in town, but it is what it is. I hope that all of the Iowa fans shows Coach Joseph the respect that he deserves being put in such a tough spot this year. With any luck, this will be your last game without some real direction in your program. Hopefully a HC will be named soon and the arduous task of a rebuild can get under way. Drive safe!

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

For those of you coming to Iowa City, have a great time! It would be nice if this game was earlier in the  year so that tailgating would be in full force and students were still in town, but it is what it is. I hope that all of the Iowa fans shows Coach Joseph the respect that he deserves being put in such a tough spot this year. With any luck, this will be your last game without some real direction in your program. Hopefully a HC will be named soon and the arduous task of a rebuild can get under way. Drive safe!

If there are no students who will be watching the nebraska sidelines to make sure they wave to the hospital?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1