** 2022 Opponent Previews : Iowa (Game 12) **

Iowa’s best offensive player is out. If Iowa wins this game, they play in the BIG Championship and although they’ll be huge underdogs, at least they’d get their shot.

If this team of ours can’t get up for this game and bring their best selves on Friday, it will be very disappointing. This is a tremendous opportunity to play spoiler against a beatable team that has owned our asses for seven straight years.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, desertshox said:

If there are no students who will be watching the nebraska sidelines to make sure they wave to the hospital?

I don't get it. Unless you have been under a rock, or just hate Iowa that much (or maybe both), "The Wave" has been recognized as one of the best sports traditions in the country. Yes, better than littering the countryside with a bunch of red balloons and better than the fake "sellout streak".

We will see you at Kinnick on Friday (assuming you are one of those great Husker fans). Be sure to show your hatred by sitting on your hands at the end of the first quarter while everybody else stands and waves at the kids that may be in the battle of their lives. In fact, it would be REALLY awesome if somebody could start a movement in which every single Husker fan in the stadium, along with the team, would just ignore "The Wave". Maybe that is how you could show your dominance, as for the last 20 years you have not shown it on the field. Yes, indeed, that would be great if every fan and the team would just boycott it.

See you at Kinnick on Friday!

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Didn't know Iowa had a 'best offensive player'.

Yes indeed. That is contrary to the entire Husker team and coaching staff for the past 20 years that has been "offensive". Offensive to every single Husker fan!  I hope that the turnaround starts with a new coach announcement soon. The whole "frost Warning" thing 5 years ago did not work out so well.......

2 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

I don't get it. Unless you have been under a rock, or just hate Iowa that much (or maybe both), "The Wave" has been recognized as one of the best sports traditions in the country. Yes, better than littering the countryside with a bunch of red balloons and better than the fake "sellout streak".

We will see you at Kinnick on Friday (assuming you are one of those great Husker fans). Be sure to show your hatred by sitting on your hands at the end of the first quarter while everybody else stands and waves at the kids that may be in the battle of their lives. In fact, it would be REALLY awesome if somebody could start a movement in which every single Husker fan in the stadium, along with the team, would just ignore "The Wave". Maybe that is how you could show your dominance, as for the last 20 years you have not shown it on the field. Yes, indeed, that would be great if every fan and the team would just boycott it.

That's the thing though. The team and fans did wave at the kids, but an Iowa band member tried to stir up hate by saying they didn't. 

It is a nice tradition, one that Nebraska has taken part in. 

• Plus1 4
12 hours ago, The Whale said:

Iowa’s best offensive player is out. If Iowa wins this game, they play in the BIG Championship and although they’ll be huge underdogs, at least they’d get their shot.

If this team of ours can’t get up for this game and bring their best selves on Friday, it will be very disappointing. This is a tremendous opportunity to play spoiler against a beatable team that has owned our asses for seven straight years.

While I agree I think that is more of a fan's take than a current player who has had 3 coaches and we also have a lot of new transfers especially on offense. Defense should hopefully relay the message...Tannor, Nelson, Newsome, Reimer

2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

First of all s#!t down and shut up dude.  You are being an a$$ on their board all over the place.  Come and have civil conversation or gtfo.  Second - I hate when people weaponize the wave.  It takes all of the goodness out of it.  If people/teams want to participate that is awesome but if it is mandatory to not get ripped on then it loses its meaning.  The year that the band person made the stupid a$$ comments on twitter - it was just stupid.  The teams were in a dog fight at the end of the first quarter and a coach and a few players took the extra time to talk rather than do the wave while most of the team did it.  Nothing wrong with that as they are there for a game.  I love it when everyone participates because it does mean a lot to the kids but it isn't like they are going to be worried about a few people doing their own thing so STFU about it.  

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

The wave is a great tradition, I love it.

Save this tirade for the Iowa fans that focus on people on the field or in the stands during the Wave instead of embracing a beautiful tradition!

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Caven said:

First of all s#!t down and shut up dude.  You are being an a$$ on their board all over the place.  Come and have civil conversation or gtfo.  Second - I hate when people weaponize the wave.  It takes all of the goodness out of it.  If people/teams want to participate that is awesome but if it is mandatory to not get ripped on then it loses its meaning.  The year that the band person made the stupid a$$ comments on twitter - it was just stupid.  The teams were in a dog fight at the end of the first quarter and a coach and a few players took the extra time to talk rather than do the wave while most of the team did it.  Nothing wrong with that as they are there for a game.  I love it when everyone participates because it does mean a lot to the kids but it isn't like they are going to be worried about a few people doing their own thing so STFU about it.  

The best part about the whole thing was it was the Iowa band member who wasn't waving at the kids, but watching Nebraska people in order to get offended.  That, or it was made up.  One side isn't ever totally right, or good, it is all about individual effort.  As we are seeing with you and CyHawk. :lol:  Thanks for being a decent human being. 

• Plus1 1