** 2022 Opponent Previews : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

10 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

A lot has been made about how much Nebraska has spent in buyouts. It's crazy and frustrating.

However, this is how this industry works.  I don't agree with it.  But, when every other coach's  contract is the same way, it's impossible for Nebraska to not have these.  To me, a buyout like this in a contract makes sense for someone who isn't making millions but in an industry where you can get fired regularly and at any time.  But, these guys are being paid millions and are already set for life.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

A lot has been made about how much Nebraska has spent in buyouts. It's crazy and frustrating.

However, this is how this industry works.  I don't agree with it.  But, when every other coach's  contract is the same way, it's impossible for Nebraska to not have these.  To me, a buyout like this in a contract makes sense for someone who isn't making millions but in an industry where you can get fired regularly and at any time.  But, these guys are being paid millions and are already set for life.

Yes, it is pretty amazing.  You can't feel sorry for any of them.  They make more in one year than most make in a lifetime plus they get the golden parachute buyout  if they perform badly.  If I was a weatherman - I'd cry unfair.  "Where is my huge buyout for being right 50% of the time"?

• Plus1 2