** 2022 Opponent Previews : Wisconsin (Game 11) **

22 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wonder what the coldest game CT has ever played in?

Casey played a game last year 11/20 at WV where the kick temp was 42 degrees.  He was benched at halftime after going 4/14 for 21 yards. (I know he had the thumb issue)

Saturday's forecast for Lincoln is kick temp of 26 and winds out of the NW at 15-25 producing a wind chill of 14.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

Read an article about him. Teammates and MJ call him a baller and has great ball placement. Based on his highlights I’m excited to see him play someday. Have you heard any rumors if Casey doesn’t go, does he get the start or will it be Smothers?

If Synek sees meaningful snaps this year or into the future, that means that NU has failed miserably at recruiting and developing scholarship QB's.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Casey played a game last year 11/20 at WV where the kick temp was 42 degrees.  He was benched at halftime after going 4/14 for 21 yards. (I know he had the thumb issue)

Saturday's forecast for Lincoln is kick temp of 26 and winds out of the NW at 15-25 producing a wind chill of 14.

R.97a23a970c6a7c9966abf89bf7098c89?rik=pIGRQU3lrtLcig&riu=http%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fNbGauqOpJ3w5O%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=JWHw9hT0RKMQjlcLh2mQf4NHPP9tLZCFQWmFahJZfU4%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

R.828f746d4c49730d7aac05a19fec83fe?rik=lbZFphaOi7Zgbg&riu=http%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fJbzlnJr0NedJ6%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=vrV4%2foNiZx%2f%2fHOVjsElr0e2XQygjEuz1rZLnWcdyGDY%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Synek sees meaningful snaps this year or into the future, that means that NU has failed miserably at recruiting and developing scholarship QB's.

Whether he sees snaps or not your statement is already fact. Adrian, Joe , Dylan, and those are just the misses with recruiting/development we KNOW about. At this point I’m desperate enough to HOPE we have an over looked diamond in the rough in Synek. 

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep, terrible QB recruiting.  Just like when we had to start a walk-on QB in 1994.

I don’t believe we were ever 3-7 in 1994. The starter was one of our best QBs ever. The backup was better than anybody we have now and Turman was better than anybody behind CT.

I don’t know about the recruiting but the development was lightyears better. Frost was pretty good at picking one guy and riding him into the dirt while ignoring the rest of the room.

• Plus1 1

Thompson or no Thompson, Wisconsin is going to find a way to spank us. Mickey will get outcoached again. This team lost hope after losing to Minnesota. I am already preparing myself for two losses, Wisconsin and Iowa. Went for a whiskey run to numb the senses. This way if we win, I am doubly happy and if we lose, I still have a buzz. Who says it is too early to drink at 11 am?

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yep, terrible QB recruiting.  Just like when we had to start a walk-on QB in 1994.

I’m not surprised you would bring that up. Let’s look at the QBs from the early 90s. One QB switched positions to safety,  One QB transferred to Kansas. One prospective QB ended up at Stanford.

Yes, cirmcumstances happen, but the identification, recruiting, and development of QB’s under Frost and “the professor” absolutely sucked. 

• 2 weeks later...