** 2022 Opponent Previews : Michigan (Game 10) **

The Athletic: For Michigan and Jim Harbaugh, stars aligned in 2021. What’s next for the Wolverines in 2022?

As spring practice began, Jim Harbaugh walked around Michigan’s practice field and gazed upon his creation.

The horizon stretched as wide as it has at any point in Harbaugh’s eight seasons in Ann Arbor. Beating Ohio State, winning the Big Ten and appearing in the College Football Playoff will do that for a program. After the stars aligned for Michigan in 2021, the offseason began with a variation on a familiar theme, this time encompassing a whole new set of possibilities.

Was that as good as it gets? Or can Michigan be even better?

https://theathletic.com/3289434/2022/05/09/michigan-football-preview-jim-harbaugh/?redirected=1

HuskerOnline: Michigan 2022 Spring Preview

"It's tough because Michigan's schedule is extremely favorable this year. You've got the Michigan States and the Penn State's on the record, and obviously, you gotta go to Penn State this year. But the nonconference is easy.

"You could realistically see a situation where Michigan could have 10 or 11 wins, heading into Ohio State where they go to Columbus. Not even to mention what they did last year, I think anything short of 10 wins this year is really a failure, in my opinion, just considering they return a good majority of what they had last year. It would be, to me, a failure if they get anything less than 10 wins.

"I'm always hesitant to say that Michigan is gonna beat Ohio State because you just never know. But I would not be shocked if they were 11-0 going into Ohio State to play for all the marbles this year. So I'm going to say, I think they'll go 11-1 and I think they'll lose Ohio State in Columbus."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-opponent-spring-review-michigan

CollegeFootballNews: Michigan 2022 Preview

No, there might not be the pressure of the past few years when Jim Harbaugh needed several votes of confidence and the world didn’t believe he could ever beat Ohio State, but there’s more than enough talent returning, and the schedule is more than manageable enough, to have another massive season. It might take a wee bit to get the star power on the defensive line back and rolling, and depth is a slight issue in some spots, but the quarterback situation is great, the skill parts are fine, and the offensive line should set a tone right away with another good starting five. Throw in a good kicking game, and as long as there’s still the same fight and – to get schmaltzy – hunger there overall, this should be a double-digit win season with the wins piling up early.

Start with an assumed loss at Ohio State, and assume there’s another loss in there somewhere either at Iowa, at home against Penn State, or – shudder – against Michigan State. Can Michigan win all the games it’ll be favored in? There’s no Wisconsin to deal with, missing Minnesota and Purdue matters, and the non-conference slate – Colorado State, Hawaii, UConn – is squishy soft. However, Maryland will be dangerous, Nebraska will be better, and … There’s no excuse to not get to ten wins with this slate considering all the big home games and just four away dates. It’s asking for too much for a repeat of 2021, but yeah, Michigan should be going into the Ohio State game at 10-1 with at least a shot to get back to the Big Ten Championship.

SET THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINES REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL AT … 9.5

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/06/michigan-wolverines-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players/4

Offense, Defense Breakdown | Keys To The Season

Michigan Top 10 Players | Michigan Schedule & Analysis

Athlon: 2022 Wolverines Season Preview and Prediction

Michigan enters the 2022 season with plenty of question marks. Chief among them, of course, has to do with whether Jim Harbaugh's team can reprise last season's improbable magic act, which included a long-awaited victory over Ohio State, a Big Ten championship and a College Football Playoff berth.There were a lot of hurdles cleared last fall. But with a pair of super-talented edge rushers gone and some holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball, what can the Wolverines muster for a sequel?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/michigan-football-wolverines-prediction-preview-2022

More to come...

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4 hours ago, Jpetermbb said:

Hearing night game from my buddy who's a big michigan fan

Considering nobody at Michigan has any say in when the game will be, I'm not sure that carries much weight.  But it would be nice.  Was a great atmosphere at night last year in Lincoln.

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...