Our Record If Just These Four Games

For me, I don't see any reason to only have one [1] loss for the whole season until you get to the last four [4] games.

So, I'm curious to ask what the board think our record would be if we only played these four games:

11/05 Minnesota
TBA11/12@ Michigan
TBA11/19 Wisconsin
TBA11/25@ Iowa

My hope would be at least 2-2.  I think we will only win one and couldn't say which.  

What's your take?  I'm of the view that we will be wore down and stumble into old views ... just like I'm doing now.  :-)

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

For me, I don't see any reason to only have one [1] loss for the whole season until you get to the last four [4] games.

Are you saying that you don't see any reason why we would have more than 1 loss in our first 8 games?  Have you actually watched Nebraska football the last handful of years?

6 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, I'm curious to ask what the board think our record would be if we only played these four games:

11/05 Minnesota
TBA11/12@ Michigan
TBA11/19 Wisconsin
TBA11/25@ Iowa

I think you have to set the over/under at 0.5 wins.

Frost is a combined 1-11 against those schools, with the 1 W coming in 2018.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Are you saying that you don't see any reason why we would have more than 1 loss in our first 8 games?  Have you actually watched Nebraska football the last handful of years?

Yeah. If this was the Eighties (80s) or Nineties (90s) I'd agree with OP. We are not remotely those teams. We are a team that finds ever newer and more creative ways to lose games as the years go on. 

I won't be surprise if we're seven and one (7-1) or one and seven (1-7) after those first eight games. 

• Plus1 4
17 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

11/05 Minnesota
TBA11/12@ Michigan
TBA11/19 Wisconsin
TBA11/25@ Iowa

My hope would be at least 2-2.  I think we will only win one and couldn't say which.  

What's your take?  I'm of the view that we will be wore down and stumble into old views ... just like I'm doing now.  :-)

3-1 is what it should be.

Minny is horrible and getting worse.

Iowa is super lame

Wisconsin is lame

Big Ten West is horrible.

At Michigan will be a loss.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. If this was the Eighties (80s) or Nineties (90s) I'd agree with OP. We are not remotely those teams. We are a team that finds ever newer and more creative ways to lose games as the years go on. 

I won't be surprise if we're seven and one (7-1) or one and seven (1-7) after those first eight games. 

Even if this was around twenty ten <2010> I would feel somewhat confident in only one <1> loss in our first eight <8> games.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

3-1 is what it should be.

Minny is horrible and getting worse.

Iowa is super lame

Wisconsin is lame

Big Ten West is horrible.

At Michigan will be a loss.

We could have said that about those four last year, and we managed to find a way to go 0-4. 

This is why Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on Black." Because you just cannot trust Red.

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think you have to set the over/under at 0.5 wins.

Frost is a combined 1-11 against those schools, with the 1 W coming in 2018.

I am at 0-4 until they prove they can actually win one of these games.  To expect anything else is just silly. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We could have said that about those four last year, and we managed to find a way to go 0-4. 

This is why Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on Black." Because you just cannot trust Red.

Such a horrible quote but still so good!  

I think he was also quoted as saying "Taxes, f#&% taxes"

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

11/05 Minnesota
TBA11/12@ Michigan
TBA11/19 Wisconsin
TBA11/25@ Iowa

I think it really depends on what happens during the first 8.  If we are 6-2 or 7-1 with some confidence, I could see us winning 2 or 3 of those games.  If we are struggling, we could easily lose those 4.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ya, I don't see any reason to not win all of those games except Oklahoma.  This is based off of a really easy schedule and all the improvements the staff continues to make.  Again, I'm going off of what I'm being told.  It's not that I believe it or would put money on it.  I've been a "Negative Nancy" for the past three years so I stopped stating my view.  I've been told by Mods that I am a "sky is falling" kind of guy when it comes to the horrid OL play [which I get].  So, my post wasn't about "my view" but what I perceive the majority of folks who look at the schedule think/say.

And yes, I've watched every game.

Thanks for chimin' in.

• Haha 2

I know this is full of rose colored glass views.

But, I keep thinking that if we could ever get over the hump with Minny, Wisconsin and Iowa and have a team that actually played up to their potential instead of constantly killing themselves, I think we can go on a decent win streak with all of them.  

None of those teams are amazing.  They are just decent at what they do till we screw up. 

One of these years it's going to happen.  Might as well be this year.  But, it should have been last year.....so.....

• Haha 2