Huskers Land Alabama Transfer Safety Kaine Williams

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The team that went 3-9 last year returns WITHOUT a lot of major contributors (basically most of its better players) - secondary, def line, QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, etc.  Also replaced a third of the coaches, the kickers are new and likely most of the kick returners.  A modified offense and possibly some of the defensive schemes will need to be changed to accommodate talent changes as well.  

While the schedule,  at first glance anyway, could be less daunting, it will certainly NOT be easy.  Team confidence is very uncertain.  Injuries continue to haunt the program.  This team will be very inexperienced and, as seems to be the case every year under Frost, very young.  

On the other hand, Whipple is a wise old owl and MJ has shown capabilities.  Do these two considerations offset the foregoing?   Could be yet another long season.  I hope not but hard to be bullish at this point.  

I think a lot of unknowns, new coaches and new players can bring hope for the exact same story to not repeat.  There is also concern about how you can get all of those new things to mesh together in one offseason.  It will be interesting and as others have said, I would not bat an eye if we go 9-3 nor if we went 2-10.  It really is up in the air as to what will happen. 

42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Having average or better ST play could make the record completely different. OL, DL, and QB are certainly the keys, but ST was SOOOOO bad that it has the chance for the biggest impact in terms of record.

Man you are so right  about that - at least 3 games were easily won last year if we were just average on ST.

Busch (sp?) may be most important 'hire' of last year if he can pull that phase of the game together. 

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The team that went 3-9 last year returns WITHOUT a lot of major contributors (basically most of its better players) - secondary, def line, QB, RBs, WRs, TEs, etc.  Also replaced a third of the coaches, the kickers are new and likely most of the kick returners.  A modified offense and possibly some of the defensive schemes will need to be changed to accommodate talent changes as well.  

While the schedule,  at first glance anyway, could be less daunting, it will certainly NOT be easy.  Team confidence is very uncertain.  Injuries continue to haunt the program.  This team will be very inexperienced and, as seems to be the case every year under Frost, very young.  

On the other hand, Whipple is a wise old owl and MJ has shown capabilities.  Do these two considerations offset the foregoing?   Could be yet another long season.  I hope not but hard to be bullish at this point.  

So you would rather the team that went 3-9 return WITH all those same players and coaches that couldn't get it done?  I thought you wanted change?  What exactly would put you into a "bullish" mood?  Maybe a little Marvin Gaye remix of Sexual Healing set to a video of Tom Osborne riding a Husker Red unicorn through the A gap?  Just brain storming- really thinking outside the box trying to help.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

So you would rather the team that went 3-9 return WITH all those same players and coaches that couldn't get it done?  I thought you wanted change?  What exactly would put you into a "bullish" mood?  Maybe a little Marvin Gaye remix of Sexual Healing set to a video of Tom Osborne riding a Husker Red unicorn through the A gap?  Just brain storming- really thinking outside the box trying to help.

I am optimistic with our changes but would still like to see this if you dont mind. Thank you 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2