** 2022 Opponent Previews : North Dakota (Game 2) **

HuskerOnline: North Dakota 2022 Spring Preview

"I think they go 7-4 as I add all this up on their 11 game schedule. I think they'll have a winning record this year. They have a quarterback coming back who's got two-plus years of starting experience, a lot of leaders back in skilled positions on offense that they'll look to.

"They have a really solid coaching staff that has now been there for a long time, almost roughly a decade. I think this is Bubba Schweigert's ninth year as the head coach. And most of his assistants have been there for most of that time. So they've got a good solid culture. And this is a winning football team.

"They were 5-6 last year, but every one of their losses in the conference was by a touchdown or less and they were all one-score games that came right down to the wire. They just had a tough time finishing.

"Their schedule is difficult but they play in the best FCS conference in the country, the Missouri Valley Football Conference. But they get a lot of their toughest teams at home, which helps in some of their road teams aren't quite as strong. So I think realistically, they should be in that 8-3, 7-4 range and competing again, for an FCS playoff spot come the season's end."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-opponent-spring-review-north-dakota

More to come...

• Plus1 1
  • 3 months later...

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Part of that is trying to keep his players happy.

I think the players might actually be more happy to get in the game than being listed as an "or" on the depth chart. Does rahmir Johnson start his milk carton NIL this week? Seems he was talked about a lot when Whipple got here and in the summer.

• Plus1 5

Short Side Option - Herbie's Hangout - North Dakota Preview

Prediction:

Nebraska’s offense is going to be pissed off, and they left points on the field up in Ireland. As long as there is no “travel hangover” I think we try to really come out firing on all cylinders and light up the scoreboard. More than we would if we would have won last week.

Further, I think the Blackshirts are going to have a much better day. We will control the LOS and then all of a sudden watch, the linebackers and DBs will have a much easier time tackling. Also, we will get some pressure on the quarterback which will force some passes that will turn into interceptions.

The #1 concern for these next 2 weeks is no injuries to crucial spots. Can’t have a DL get injured, can’t have Vokolek get injured, we gotta stay healthy.

48-17 Nebraska. I saw that the over/under for this game is 49.5 and that makes zero sense to me. Nebraska is going to try and get to that number on their own and the weather looks good for Saturday.

• Plus1 1