Division elimination

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yea, this only benefits two, maybe three teams in the conference. Nebraska may not sniff a CCG for another decade. 

Well I don't know if it's going to take that long what I do know it's saying is if your one of the stronger teams in the division go prove it but in reality the blue bloods are already at a advantage bc most 5 star kids are going to their programs. Now once Nebraska starts winning and I think they do plus adding the updated facilities we will be up there. But I don't feel the Indiana's, Northwestern, Minnesota's have a chance at all. They can't out recruit the blue bloods so removing division's is definitely unfair.

I heard on another board that the Big10 took down future schedules from their website. I haven't checked yet. I am in favor of pods to keep geographic rivalries together, but do we need two more teams?

If they schedule pods correctly, teams will play everyone else more often than they do now. Is all this going to lead to expansion and a break from the NCAA?

26 minutes ago, nic said:

I heard on another board that the Big10 took down future schedules from their website. I haven't checked yet. I am in favor of pods to keep geographic rivalries together, but do we need two more teams?

If they schedule pods correctly, teams will play everyone else more often than they do now. Is all this going to lead to expansion and a break from the NCAA?

In my opinion screw rivalries. I hate everyone. I want the Big to keep divisions so we don't get constant rematches...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:24 PM, Red Five said:

Yes, because the conference is very well balanced currently

The difference between the east/west crossover W/L is only a handful of games. Outside of OSU dunking on everyone, it's pretty even, so whatever "division" they are in is going to be seen as the better no matter what.

1 hour ago, nic said:

I heard on another board that the Big10 took down future schedules from their website. I haven't checked yet.

I don't know about all schools but they got removed from the Huskers site a couple of months ago.  From the sounds of it they are all gone.

1 hour ago, nic said:

I am in favor of pods to keep geographic rivalries together, but do we need two more teams?

To do pods, yes, I think you would need two more teams.

But the 3-5-5 model seems to be the current en vogue idea - 3 permanent opponents then split the other 10 team every-other year.  That works well with 14 teams in the conference.  Although that is obviously only eight conference games per year.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But the 3-5-5 model seems to be the current en vogue idea - 3 permanent opponents then split the other 10 team every-other year.  That works well with 14 teams in the conference.  Although that is obviously only eight conference games per year.

This allows a all teams to play every two years which is great in my opinion. I guess the CCG would have to be the two best teams. I am not wild about having to beat a team twice which might happen a 1/3 of the time. with pods the Big10 would have the option of “seasonal divisions” that would change with pod rotation. That would mean teams in a pod would never play in the CCG. I believe pods will need a 9 game schedule to play everyone every two years.

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

id prefer we go to 16 teams and go the pods route personally. 

I think that's definitely the future. I have a bad feeling the B1G brass will be slow to act and they'll be left holding their dicks and we'll get stuck with 2 scrub schools

28 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think that's definitely the future. I have a bad feeling the B1G brass will be slow to act and they'll be left holding their dicks and we'll get stuck with 2 scrub schools

Whatever makes you say that? :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

In my opinion screw rivalries. I hate everyone. I want the Big to keep divisions so we don't get constant rematches...

I totally agree with you.  

The only thing we need, is to retain Black Friday like we did before joining the B1G.  But with a new and improved exception.

Personally, I feel the B1G would benefit greatly, if the Huskers do what the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys do on thanksgiving weekend.....play that weekend but against a different opponent every year.

Huskers are playing Black Friday (before rivalry weekend on Saturday).  Everybody knows that.  But make it against a different team each year.

There are a handful of B1G teams that do not have a traditional season-ending rivalry game (Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa).  Imagine playing Penn State on Black Friday, next year MSU, next year, Wisc, then Minn, then Iowa, then repeat.......etc, etc.   That would be great for college football and the conference.  

No offense, but Neb vs Iowa is kind of boring for that weekend.

7 hours ago, admo said:

There are a handful of B1G teams that do not have a traditional season-ending rivalry game (Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa).

Lol.  You just listed 5 teams that have season ending games already.

Minnesota/Wisconsin have played the last weekend 9 straight years (not counting the Covid year).

Penn St/Mich St have played the last weekend 22 of their last 26 meetings.

And you know who Iowa has played the last weekend the last 11 years.

• Plus1 2