** 2022 Countdown to Kickoff **

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

All natural nutrition.  :D

I'm not an expert on O line play.  But, I remember reading about when we switched to zone blocking that pancake blocks were not a goal.  So, they stopped keeping track of them.  If I understand it right, we are getting back more to that type of blocking with the new O line coach.

I think Jurgens was keeping track of his own though. Just kidding, but he was an animal. I remember he pancaked an Ohio State d-lineman in 2020.

1 hour ago, skers83 said:

Also am I the only one that thinks Makovicka and probably most of the team were juiced? I mean look at his neck.

The guy's neck was like a telephone pole. It was also about the kinds of old school lifts they were doing. More pulling movements help give that kind of mass to the neck and upper traps, and I think there's just not as much emphasis on those movements nowadays.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Undone said:

The guy's neck was like a telephone pole. It was also about the kinds of old school lifts they were doing. More pulling movements help give that kind of mass to the neck and upper traps, and I think there's just not as much emphasis on those movements nowadays.

Maybe someone should show Duval these lifts. Those guys got the job done however they were doing it.