** 2022 Opponent Previews : Rutgers (Game 6) **

HuskerOnline: Rutgers 2022 Spring Preview

"Their out-of-conference schedule is a little interesting this year because Boston College has a pretty good team under Jeff Hafley. Temples up and down but again, new coaching staff so it should have at least two if not three out-of-conference wins.

"And then it gets that Big Ten slate where it gets really troublesome. They're playing against Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State back to back to back to back then Iowa and Ohio State back to back.

"I want to say anywhere between three to four wins right now. It's going to be tough. I do think they could snag a Big Ten win or two depending on how Nebraska does, how Indiana does (and) Maryland, I think those are the three winnable ones.

"I probably say around three wins right now. But it's definitely a rebuilding year. This is a long-haul rebuild for Rutgers. When (Greg) Schiano came in, he kind of knew that was happening. But who knows, maybe they can pull some magic out of that."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-opponent-spring-review-rutgers

CollegeFootballNews: Rutgers 2022 Season Preview & Prediction

Bowl don’t lie Rutgers isn’t going to win the national championship, and it’s not going to play for the Big Ten title anytime soon unless Ohio State leaves for the SEC and everyone else in the division quits playing college football. So the goal right now is to get to a bowl game no matter what. If that means the program has to rely on past teams to have gone to class, so be it. Rutgers caught a break last year by having the best Academic Progress Rate among teams with five wins, and that meant it got to go have the fun of the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl. It was an ugly 38-10 loss to Wake Forest, but so what? Rutgers went to a bowl game, and that’s good enough. The five wins last year were massive considering the program won a total of 13 games since the 8-5 run in 2014. Best of all, it was the best season in seven years even though the team couldn’t score and the defense couldn’t stop anyone from scoring. Head coach Greg Schiano needed four seasons in his first run at Rutgers to get everything place to have a winning season. It’s still going to take work, but he made some changes in the coaching staff, went heavy in the transfer portal, and … He got the team to a bowl game. It can be done at Rutgers.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/06/rutgers-scarlet-knights-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players

Offense, Defense Breakdown | Keys To The Season | Season Prediction, What Will Happen

The Athletic: Greg Schiano is improving Rutgers’ foundation again. Will 2022 show flashes of the future?

After Rutgers finished last season with a 5-8 record, capped by a loss to Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl, coach Greg Schiano was open to doing some thinking and tinkering with his coaching staff. “After two years, I used it as an opportunity,” Schiano said. “You know the old saying, you not only have to get the right people on the bus, but you gotta get them in the right seats. As a head coach, I continually try and tweak and adjust the staff to maximize the effect they can have on our players.” The Scarlet Knights are 8-14 since Schiano’s return for a second run in Piscataway. They enter this season with an almost entirely new defensive staff. Schiano said he has long viewed new defensive coordinator Joe Harasymiak as a bright up-and-comer in the profession. Truth be told, Schiano wanted to hire Harasymiak away from Minnesota when the head coach returned to Rutgers. This winter, Schiano was able to make it happen.

https://theathletic.com/3392430/2022/07/04/rutgers-football-greg-schiano-preview/

More to come....

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

16 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Shore some stuff up and I think we can make it a game but that Schiano isn't a bad coach(not great either imho).  If our defense gets better as the week goes on and learns more of Bills basics, I think we can pull out a win.

Can we send in a hot young chick on a bike to provide some distraction?

• Haha 1

I'm going to say everything that happened in Rutgers' 66-7 win over Wagner doesn't really count for anything because Wagner is an FCS team that went 0-12 last year.

Here are their results so far:

image.png.749fbd0d804943f42ae566053823d2bb.png

They don't seem to have much of an offense when they go up against halfway decent teams. I'm especially looking at that Temple result.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm going to say everything that happened in Rutgers' 66-7 win over Wagner doesn't really count for anything because Wagner is an FCS team went 0-12 last year.

They don't seem to have much of an offense when they go up against halfway decent teams. I'm especially looking at that Temple result.

22 points, 16, 10, & 10 against people with a pulse. Might nullify bad defensive play. 

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm going to say everything that happened in Rutgers' 66-7 win over Wagner doesn't really count for anything because Wagner is an FCS team went 0-12 last year.

Just for fun: Wagner is 0-4 and has been outscored 45-200 lol (31 of their 45 points came against Fordham) 

• Haha 1

Rutgers QB situation is a mess.

Noah Vedrall got hurt in fall camp.  They rotated QBs their 1st 2 games (Gavin Wimsatt, Evan Simon).  Wimsatt got hurt early game 3 (Temple) and Simon took all the snaps vs Iowa.  Then Vedral started vs OSU, but only took 4 snaps (all QB runs) and then Simon replaced him.

So who the hell knows who will be starting or playing on Friday night.