If the Huskers add Washington and Wynn do they end up top 8 transfer class?

Realistically, how many new players will be even third team All Conference choices?   How many returning players will make that status or better?  

Unless we have 1400 yard RB, probably not many.  
I don’t care how we do it, but the team needs (must) find 7 wins and win the bowl.  Hopefully, most of the two deep then stays for 2024 and this boosts our recruiting into the top 15 level.  

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Realistically, how many new players will be even third team All Conference choices?   How many returning players will make that status or better?  

Unless we have 1400 yard RB, probably not many.  
I don’t care how we do it, but the team needs (must) find 7 wins and win the bowl.  Hopefully, most of the two deep then stays for 2024 and this boosts our recruiting into the top 15 level.  

I wonder is there will be bias from the coaches regarding awards. 

20 minutes ago, Toe said:

On paper maybe, but who cares? The weakest link on this team is the OL, and adding those two doesn't address that.

I agree. Recruiting rankings mean absolutely nothing to me until this team starts developing guys and actually winning games. Transfers and rankings mean exactly d!(k without results.

• Plus1 2

I understand recruiting rankings do not matter but getting players like Ochaun Mathis who are established players do help now imo. Casey Thompson I know his thumb injury put a damper on his stats and Texas season but the throw he made in the spring game, Adrian Martinez never made here. So yes I agree with you that this team has to develop but I also believe that they have put young men in place to succeed they just got to step up and do it.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand recruiting rankings do not matter but getting players like Ochaun Mathis who are established players do help now imo.

Washington and Wynn aren't at all in the same category as Mathis, IMO. Mathis addresses a need that I've been b!^@hing about since the Riley era.

I don't care about how the transfer class looks in the rankings, I care about how well the transfer class addresses our needs.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Toe said:

Washington and Wynn aren't at all in the same category as Mathis, IMO. Mathis addresses a need that I've been b!^@hing about since the Riley era.

I don't care about how the transfer class looks in the rankings, I care about how well the transfer class addresses our needs.

I second that. We won’t know how good this portal class is until we see them play or don’t play. We are in unknown territory. 

2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

This guy is my new favorite. Is it August yet?!?!

Why because he left out half the facts to make his koolaid point?  Calling AMs performance sub par while quoting his passing td/interception ratio and his three fumbles while not mentioning the 13 rushing tds and team leading rushing performance. 

AM had the 28th highest quarterback ranking with a line that was rated one of the worst in the nation and one of the worst running back games in the nation. If he had the support game to match there is a good chance he could have been top 10. 

If SF doesn’t get Casey Thompson some support around him he won’t look any better than he did at Texas where he was surrounded by 4 & 5 star athletes in a league where defense is optional. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you have a good year in the portal, and those guys get you to seven or eight wins, but they're only around for another year while your younger recruits start testing the portal looking for more playing time or better NIL deals, and you're right back to the portal looking for unhappy players to fill your gaps, and four year player development becomes a quaint notion, what are you building and who are you rooting for? 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Cigarman said:

Why because he left out half the facts to make his koolaid point?  Calling AMs performance sub par while quoting his passing td/interception ratio and his three fumbles while not mentioning the 13 rushing tds and team leading rushing performance. 

AM had the 28th highest quarterback ranking with a line that was rated one of the worst in the nation and one of the worst running back games in the nation. If he had the support game to match there is a good chance he could have been top 10. 

If SF doesn’t get Casey Thompson some support around him he won’t look any better than he did at Texas where he was surrounded by 4 & 5 star athletes in a league where defense is optional. 

Agree with much of this, but one of the reasons Nebraska had bad running back numbers and great rushing quarterback numbers is because the coaches willfully allowed Adrian to shoulder too much of the running game. When Yant or Rahmir had a breakout game, they disappeared the next game. Some of it was injuries. Some of it was hard to figure out. 

Adrian Martinez, like Tommy Armstrong, Taylor Martinez, and Eric Crouch for that matter, had careers at Nebraska they wouldn't have had at most other schools thanks to a system that accommodated dual threat QBs without demanding elite passing skills. 

AM at K-State is a great test of this. I wish him well, but I'm almost certain this is his last season outside of Arena football perhaps. His game doesn't translate to the NFL. 

I think Casey Thompson might enjoy Frost's and Whipple's system, especially as it adjusts to his skillset. It's all about decision making.