Huskers Land Alabama Transfer Defensive Lineman Stephon Wynn

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Even with all these great portal additions some Husker fans still won't be happy bc of how they have put this team together. Yes I know they have to develop within the high school recruits that they bring on but I believe that's they are going to build this team from season to season. Bringing in 14 transfers is alot I hope all of them work out :)

I was one of those people who was like "healthy programs build through high school recruiting/development" and then I watched Michigan State pull a top-10 team out of its a$$ last year by hitting on a few transfers at key spots. This is absolutely the way to go as long as they are going to allow it and plenty of great programs like Alabama and Georgia are making full use of it. I'm all the way onboard.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Even with all these great portal additions some Husker fans still won't be happy bc of how they have put this team together. Yes I know they have to develop within the high school recruits that they bring on but I believe that's they are going to build this team from season to season. Bringing in 14 transfers is alot I hope all of them work out :)

Are you saying we won the offseason with all these great portal additions?!

None of these guys have played a down together.  They could be great, they could be awful, or a mix.  We have no idea, but pre-complaining about what future people are going to complain about is peak offseason.  You should be proud. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Are you saying we won the offseason with all these grear portal additions?!

None of these guys have played a down together.  They could be great, they could be awful, or a mix.  We have no idea, but pre-complaining about what future people are going to complain about is peak offseason.  You should be proud. 

Geeesh I bet your fun at parties!   I’m not sure it will work but it sure as heck works better than bringing back what we had!  I think there’s a damn good shot it works!

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Geeesh I bet your fun at parties!   I’m not sure it will work but it sure as heck works better than bringing back what we had!  I think there’s a damn good shot it works!

Anything Scott Frost does deserves cautious optimism at best until proven otherwise.  You feel free to get overly optimistic again and be let down for a 5th straight year though. I'd love to join you,  I really would, but I just can't.  My brain is telling me how stupid that is.  :lol:

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I'm with you Huskinator!! Do you think Ochaun Mathis, Trey Palmer, Casey Thompson and the other transfers that they brought in don't believe in Scott Frost and the coaching staff. They sure do bc those young men could have chosen other places to go to play.  All it takes is a little success in wins and things will get rolling everyone will see. 

I think they believe in the almighty dollar.  Thompson has mentioned it, and we definitely outbid Texas for Mathis. Someone mentioned the other day Wynn was set to go to GT until the $$$ came in.

Perception is reality though. You have yours and I have mine. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think they believe in the almighty dollar.  Thompson has mentioned it, and we definitely outbid Texas for Mathis. Someone mentioned the other day Wynn was set to go to GT until the $$$ came in.

Perception is reality though. You have yours and I have mine. 

I think they’d have been paid there as well. Yes they will get more at Nebraska but isn’t that the same narrative (in a different way) we’ve pushed for years? Come to Nebraska… you are the only show in town so you’ll be a celebrity.  

they had to believe in frost even a little to come here… they aren’t going to “get paid” and get their faces smashed in. To get to this level…. You have to be a competitor.. these kids want to win too!!

2 hours ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

My only wishlist item not yet received is a true OT....and to hear that Duval takes 3-months off squats and focuses specifically on foot speed with skipping rope, double ladder, etc., with Benhart and Banks.

Technically we are getting a true OT. Prochazka was a freshman so it took a few games of playing well before he got named the starting left tackle but he finally got the start and was a rock against Northwestern. Then he blew out his knee early in the next game against Michigan and was out for the year. Remember.  He was the 11th-best offensive tackle in the country and the No. 73 player overall. 

He was one of the reasons they started looking pretty good and then when he went down it was a massive blow to the offensive line. Getting him back is like bringing a starting left tackle with 5 years of eligibility left from the portal.

Prochazka at LT and Nouilli at LG is a tandem you can run behind all year and be incredibly successful.

Prochazka - Nouili - Hixon - Williams - Hunter  Is a much improved starting line.

Corcoran - Lutovsky - Piper - Bando - Benhart  That is a very talented 2 deep.

You also have Brant Banks that can play tackle giving you options to move guys around, go heavy or rest a guy over the course of the year. And to be ready to go when injuries happen as they always do.

Before last year if you told me the backups were the Starting line I would have been thrilled. The talent for the most part is there, it just didn't translate to the field under Austin. Hopefully it will under Raiola. I think it will. 

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We could get both no word on how Washington's visit went. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. There was not much word all week on how Wynn felt about his visit.

HOL said they've tried to contact him but couldn't get him to do an interview.