Huskers Land Alabama Transfer Defensive Lineman Stephon Wynn

47 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Technically we are getting a true OT. Prochazka was a freshman so it took a few games of playing well before he got named the starting left tackle but he finally got the start and was a rock against Northwestern. Then he blew out his knee early in the next game against Michigan and was out for the year. Remember.  He was the 11th-best offensive tackle in the country and the No. 73 player overall. 

He was one of the reasons they started looking pretty good and then when he went down it was a massive blow to the offensive line. Getting him back is like bringing a starting left tackle with 5 years of eligibility left from the portal.

Prochazka at LT and Nouilli at LG is a tandem you can run behind all year and be incredibly successful.

Prochazka - Nouili - Hixon - Williams - Hunter  Is a much improved starting line.

Corcoran - Lutovsky - Piper - Bando - Benhart  That is a very talented 2 deep.

You also have Brant Banks that can play tackle giving you options to move guys around, go heavy or rest a guy over the course of the year. And to be ready to go when injuries happen as they always do.

Before last year if you told me the backups were the Starting line I would have been thrilled. The talent for the most part is there, it just didn't translate to the field under Austin. Hopefully it will under Raiola. I think it will. 

Teddy burned his redshirt last year. He’s got four years to play three left. You depth chart is off too. Anthony won’t be starting for sure. Corcoran will start somewhere for sure. 

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We could get both no word on how Washington's visit went. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. There was not much word all week on how Wynn felt about his visit.

N

I know about Wynn but since he took a week of keeping everything so close to himself nobody knew where he was going to go. I'm saying Nebraska would take Washington but with him not answering questions about his visit hopefully it doesn't take another week to find out where he is going to. Yes I understand it's a big decision and they need time to decide but husker fans would love to hear some type of feed back on how it went.

I can't help but think that we will look back at NIL and discover that a coach will be looked at similar to Snyder at KState. What I mean by that is Snyder took an absolutely terrible program and used JUCOs to build it into a national power. I don't think that NU is anywhere near as bad as KSU was and I'm not saying Frost will be that coach but I can sure as hell hope he is and we will look back at NIL as a saving grace for the program

• Haha 1

I think that yes nil had some part of Scott Frost turning this program around ultimately his saving grace was the coaches he brought in. I believe with the players they have brought in and ones that are not on campus yet you will see a turnaround in wins barring any major injuries during fall camp. Can't afford to have Wynn or Drew or Mathis have any kind of injury that is going to keep them out of multiple practices or games.

Good get with the Bama pedigree, but we have no clue if this guy can actually play.  He was 3rd/4th string at Bama (getting only garbage time snaps), and played in 18 games over 3 years (the most games he played in was 9 in 2019) and has totaled 13 tackles with 0 sacks or TFLs.

He'll get minutes here, so hopefully he's up to it because we need him.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Good get with the Bama pedigree, but we have no clue if this guy can actually play.  He was 3rd/4th string at Bama (getting only garbage time snaps), and played in 18 games over 3 years (the most games he played in was 9 in 2019) and has totaled 13 tackles with 0 sacks or TFLs.

He'll get minutes here, so hopefully he's up to it because we need him.

well at least at Bama you know he wasn't getting snaps behind a 3* or walk-on.  Not saying he is good as he will have to prove it but his situation is different there than if he was riding pine at say Rutgers. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

well at least at Bama you know he wasn't getting snaps behind a 3* or walk-on.  Not saying he is good as he will have to prove it but his situation is different there than if he was riding pine at say Rutgers. 

22 years old. 6'4, 300 lbs. Always a good start but I won't hold my breath on being an elite player here. Will def help us though 

• Plus1 2