Huskers Land Alabama Transfer Defensive Lineman Stephon Wynn

On 5/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, Huskadeez said:

Teddy burned his redshirt last year. He’s got four years to play three left. You depth chart is off too. Anthony won’t be starting for sure. Corcoran will start somewhere for sure. 

N

If Corcoran starts it won't be at tackle. If it was me just putting them where I think they should go, Corcoran is either our center or right guard. Probably center. But there's indication that they are doing that and since he missed pretty much the entire spring he is going to have to really bust his a$$ if he wants to get in the conversation to start anywhere, let alone a new position. Though I would love to see it because it would mean either we are set on the edge or we have a pair of graters the backs can just follow all year.

And I expect that Prochazka will get an injury year after playing missing half of the year with a blown knee. I don't know how it works out but my point is that we are getting a starting left tackle,just like if he came in through the portal. Except he knows what to do here and has several years of eligibility left.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm really impressed with the portal signings. Given plenty of choices, we got coveted players to come to a 3-9 team with a head coach on the chopping block. Somebody is doing a helluva job pitching culture change, win now strategy, and career opportunity at UNL.  

Well said.  Sometimes, the sum of the parts is more than it would add up to while sometimes it’s less.  One of these teams is going to ‘click’ and get something going.   2022 could be a lucky year. We all agree the Huskers deserve better than they’ve been experiencing in recent years.  The players seem to be working hard generally.  Can they find the motivation and drive to give 100% every play and win the 4th quarters and finish games right?   Summer conditioning and fall camp will set the table and make or break them, as usual.  

On 5/29/2022 at 1:32 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not me. I'm declaring us Big 10 Champions now so I can spend more time hunting and fishing in the fall. 

Pfft, somebody wins the B1G Championship every year.  I think this team has more glory than that in store. Remember how we were the best 3-9 team ever last year? This just might be the team to really put a stranglehold on that best 3-9 team record, back to back no less.

Quick- who won the Big Ten in 2003? Yeah, nobody knows. But best 3-9 team ever? You get the idea….We’re possibly dealing with rarified air here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/29/2022 at 9:55 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm really impressed with the portal signings. Given plenty of choices, we got coveted players to come to a 3-9 team with a head coach on the chopping block. Somebody is doing a helluva job pitching culture change, win now strategy, and career opportunity at UNL.  

That or we actually do have some serious NIL money