** 2022 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 7) **

HuskerOnline: Purdue 2022 Spring Preview

"Worst case, 7-5. Best case, 9-3, with a chance to finish as high as second (in the West). I'm not sure they're going to win that division, but I think they have as good of a chance as anybody.

"But without a doubt, a bowl game is the expectation. The question is, how good of a bowl game can it be, and can this team really make a push to win the division?

"This is probably the most-anticipated season in Jeff Brohm's six years in West Lafayette. It starts with Penn State on Sept. 1 on a Thursday night on national television. If they win that game, look at their schedule after that.

"If they beat Penn State - and I'm not saying this is 1986 Penn State - but there's a chance they could start off 6-0 or 7-0. It's not crazy, and it certainly could set up for them to get off to a heckuva hot start and have a lot of momentum as we get close to Halloween."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-opponent-spring-review-purdue

CollegeFootballNews: Purdue 2022 Preview & Prediction

Purdue football has always been a little bit of a Little Engine That Could sort of program without the next-level star power of the biggest of Big Ten teams, but when it was rolling back in the day under the late, great Joe Tiller it had a scheme and style that made everyone worry. It’s been a while, but last year’s team brought a bit of that Basketball On Grass swagger. There were times when the offense sputtered – like against the elite Wisconsin D – and the defense couldn’t keep up with Ohio State’s O, but it wanted to make a statement against a rolling Iowa team, and did. It wanted to make a statement against a hot Michigan State team, and did. And then it was Game On against a high-powered Tennessee team that was trending up. It hung on in a thrilling – and somewhat controversial – shootout victory. Now Purdue has to keep that same attitude to go along with a ton of returning experience. It would take something amazing to break through to an even higher level and be deep in the hunt for a Big Ten Championship appearance – in other words, the rest of the Big Ten West has to be down – but after what the team did last year, it’s not crazy. Head coach Jeff Brohm has done a really good job of recruiting to a type to put this all together after a few tough seasons, and now the team has to do it all again. The special teams have to be better, more takeaways would be good, a better running game would be great, and  … Forget about what Purdue won’t be and probably can’t do. It’s going to give everyone a fight again.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2022/06/purdue-boilermakers-preview-2022-season-prediction-breakdown-key-games-players

Offense, Defense Breakdown | Keys To The Season | Season Prediction, What Will Happen

The Athletic: Aidan O’Connell and Purdue aim to build on bounce-back 2021 season

Not since Drew Brees donned the Old Gold and Black in 2000 has Purdue produced a more exciting season than its 2021 campaign. The Boilermakers finished 9-4, their most wins in 18 seasons. They upset No. 2 Iowa on the road and No. 3 Michigan State at home. They won five road games for the first time since their unbeaten 1943 squad. Purdue finished 5-1 over its final six games, including a 48-45 overtime win against Tennessee in the Music City Bowl. Following a disjointed 2-4 2020 season because of the pandemic and a 4-8 finish in 2019, it was important for the Boilermakers to take a step forward under coach Jeff Brohm. They did that and more.

https://theathletic.com/3395504/2022/07/03/purdue-football-jeff-brohm-preview/

More to come...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

• 1 month later...

I will still believe it when I see it. O'Connell is fine, but I don't think he can carry the team. They're missing the great WRs they've had (losing Milton Wright for the year hurts) and the defense will take a step back. This was their first good year under Brohm, and they still have to beat Minnesota and Wisconsin on the road. Brohm is 1-8 against them (Frost is 1-6 FWIW), both with their one win happening in 2017 against Minnesota. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm considering going as well.  I have no idea where the Nebraska section is.  Honestly the last time I went in 2020 I definitely sat in the 'Purdue' section as I had to listen to my section talk smack about Nebraska as the game wore on.   Then there was the student sitting directly behind us who luckily we caught just in the nick of time for us to move before I looked back to see vomit powerfully exiting the young man.  Luckily there were some open seats 2 rows down.  After all of that we lost. 

Maybe I should find out where the Nebraska section is.

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am thinking of taking my son to the Purdue game.  Does anyone know what section Nebraska fans usually sit at Purdue's stadium?  

8 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm considering going as well.  I have no idea where the Nebraska section is.  Honestly the last time I went in 2020 I definitely sat in the 'Purdue' section as I had to listen to my section talk smack about Nebraska as the game wore on.   Then there was the student sitting directly behind us who luckily we caught just in the nick of time for us to move before I looked back to see vomit powerfully exiting the young man.  Luckily there were some open seats 2 rows down.  After all of that we lost. 

Maybe I should find out where the Nebraska section is.

There are still tickets available from the University:

https://huskers.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AF22%3A13%3A&linkID=huskers&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

I got mine there, going with 5 college buddies.

• Oh Yeah! 1