** 2022 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 7) **

Rutgers really picked on Hartzog last week. Then he made some great plays late. I hope he can clean some stuff up. 

Enough stats half way through to tell the tale, looks like an even matchup. Gonna come down to Oline and turnovers, let as usual. 

what I like the last 2 games is that we have some unity and fight. Let’s see if it’s real. 

6 minutes ago, I am I said:

Rutgers really picked on Hartzog last week. Then he made some great plays late. I hope he can clean some stuff up. 

Enough stats half way through to tell the tale, looks like an even matchup. Gonna come down to Oline and turnovers, let as usual. 

what I like the last 2 games is that we have some unity and fight. Let’s see if it’s real. 

You looked at the stats and somehow think they show an even matchup?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

You looked at the stats and somehow think they show an even matchup?

Yep. Did you look at the chart? 

they have a stingy defense. But penalties, 3rd down conversions, turnovers, our rush pg, their rush pg etc…several other half way stats are pretty similar.  
looks a little even to me. Like I said at the end of my post: because we have some buy in and unity, coupled w some wins it’ll come down to “who wants it”.  We are playing w a new attitude. So I think we are evenly matched. 

What say you? Are they markedly better based on that chart? (Like put up the N v Mich and I’d say we gonna get blown out probly) 

• Plus1 1

First big test for the defense since the coaching change.  O'Connell has been there for a million years and seen it all.  Will be a good chess match between the defense and Brohm and the offense.  Purdue is going to hit some big plays on Nebraska and their combo of Durham at TE and Jones at WR are gonna be a PITA.  Those dudes are menaces.

10 hours ago, I am I said:

Yep. Did you look at the chart? 

they have a stingy defense. But penalties, 3rd down conversions, turnovers, our rush pg, their rush pg etc…several other half way stats are pretty similar.  
looks a little even to me. Like I said at the end of my post: because we have some buy in and unity, coupled w some wins it’ll come down to “who wants it”.  We are playing w a new attitude. So I think we are evenly matched. 

What say you? Are they markedly better based on that chart? (Like put up the N v Mich and I’d say we gonna get blown out probly) 

I did look at the chart(s).  They have a better defense, and a top 20 passing offense.  They also have only lost to undefeated teams so far, and beat what looks to be a very solid Minnesota team.  We have beaten two poor teams in Indiana and Rutgers.  Saying we are equal is putting the cart before the horse, and folks should calm down.  The wild mood swings around here make me laugh.  One day at a time, one game at a time people. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I do wish there was a way to change the relative weights of the games in these metrics when something like a coaching change happens. I'm sure we would still not be close to favored, but at this point I believe our defense is a fair bit better than the whole season numbers say, and the offense is probably worse. 

Not exactly weighting but this site does let you sort stats by just each team's last three games, which can be interesting. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

So....  going into the Purdue game as a 2 TD road underdog ( :o ), Casey Thompson is leading the way for the Huskers.....  Nebraska is currently 3-3 overall, and 2-1 in conference play (tied for 1st place!). 

Yes, we all know 2 coaches got fired during the first part of the year, there was grieving and concern and questions going on with the team, but still....  2-1 in conference play is impressive.

Let's look back at the last 4 years of conference play.  Adrian Martinez was the quarterback; Frost was the Coach.  Chins Defense.

The first 3 games of conference play:

2021 Huskers were 1-2 (on the way to 1-8)
2020 Huskers were 0-2 (Frost pulled 2AM against NW, benched him vs PSU, benched him vs Illinois) 0-3
2019 2-1 and looking good....!  then lost 4 straight (oh noes!)
2018 eh, 0-6 isn't worth looking into <_<

Let's get behind the Huskers - as HUGE underdogs this weekend - and rally with them.  2 game win streak!  Win the weekend, 1 game at a time!

Vs Purdue 

2021 Lost 28-23

2020 Won! 37-27

2019 Lost 31-27

2018 Lost 42-28

• Plus1 1