** 2022 Opponent Previews : Purdue (Game 7) **

I've read where there may be several playmakers out or Purdue. The problem with this is I feel the last few games vs Purdue they've been out some of their star players, including their QB's and their backups play like they are heisman candidates. So if they are out all these players, it doesn't make me anymore comfortable about our chances to win.

Now if we do win, it would be huge. That gives us 4 wins on the year with Wisconsin and Iowa left to be a good shot at getting to bowl eligibility. I can't believe I am typing we have a shot vs Wisconsin, but they seem like they could be in a bit of a down year apparently. I don't like our chances vs Illinois, or Minnesota, or Michigan. I do like our chances vs Iowa as they appear to have no offense, but at the same time I could see Iowa having no problem rolling 300 yards on us by just lining up and running up the middle each play and their QB looking like a heisman. 

Lots of typing for this, but bottom line is if we can beat Purdue, our season has a big pulse going and it will be a fun involved ride through the rest of the season.

Some interesting stats about Purdue. 

• The combined record of the 2 teams they lost to is 10-0.
  • The combined record of the 2 P5 teams they beat is 8-1 when you do not count their losses to Purdue

In other words, Purdue has been playing very well and will be a very big challenge.  Nebraska needs to have an all around A game to win.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Some interesting stats about Purdue. 

• The combined record of the 2 teams they lost to is 10-0.
  • The combined record of the 2 P5 teams they beat is 8-1 when you do not count their losses to Purdue

In other words, Purdue has been playing very well and will be a very big challenge.  Nebraska needs to have an all around A game to win.

I think Nebraska is going to need their best game to keep it competitive.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Their top two RBs are out.  Their top WR is banged up.

Also one of their starting LBs is likely out.

That's as good of a chance as we're going to get.

OL is dinged up too - their starting RT (Daniel Johnson) is out for the year. He missed the Maryland game already anyway, so they've got others who have played. But Brohm was saying they have 6 guys they're comfortable with which is getting thin. Their best OL (Hartwig) is also playing through injury.

Frustrating side note when looking at Purdue's OL - Marcus Mbow who we reportedly cooled on after getting Ezra Miller to commit is starting for them as a redshirt freshman. Tackle was a bigger need and all, but we probably could've signed him and he's starting as a freshman on a line that is better than ours. That hurts.

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...