Sellout Streak in 2022

I think the first month will be hugely important in maintaining the sellout as well as HCSF's future.

If they can beat NW like they did last year and follow up with strong wins against the FCS & Sun Belt teams there will be a lot of buzz for the OU game in Lincoln. If somehow they could pull off a win against OU the place will go nuts and I have to believe the streak will be kept alive. It could happen. Last year you take away the 2 missed FG & extra point returned for 2 by OU and you have a 9 point swing in a game we only lost by 7 points. I have to believe if that can happen it will carry through the rest of the season.

On the other hand if the lose any of the first 3 games or look mediocre then get beat by OU the outlook for 2022 is not very bright.

In other words, just win.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That is not bad at all. I believe fans that aren't on the rolling train are doing the wait and see results before they spend their money on tickets. The sellout streak I don't believe is gonna stop any time soon.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

I don't think they ever said how many tickets were part of the Red Carpet Experience but I would think between a few more season ticket sales, the 3-game plans and the RCE, they'll get them sold this year.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
  • 1 month later...

Just got an email from the AD that "single game tickets are available for purchase"

NoDak $60

GA Southern $60

Indiana $70

Illinois $70

Minnesota $80

Wisconsin $80

Also the 3 game packs are still available for $180.  Pick one of ND/GS, one of Ind/Ill, and one of Min/Wis.

Went to the link in the email and clicked on the No Dak game.  There are a lot of seats available in sections 39-41 between rows 33-80 (including a handful of rows that only have 2 or 4 seats taken).  You can even buy 2 seats as low as row 23 in section 40.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Went to the link in the email and clicked on the No Dak game.  There are a lot of seats available in sections 39-41 between rows 33-80 (including a handful of rows that only have 2 or 4 seats taken).  You can even buy 2 seats as low as row 23 in section 40.

My friend's tickets are in that area. We sat there for the Miami game.  Those aren't bad seats.

I did the 3 game package last year.  I'm glad I did.  It set games I was going to and my wife couldn't say...."do you really need to go to the game this weekend?"  

However, as the season went, I could have gotten much better tickets for each game the week of the game from other fans.  I'm not doing it this year, simply because I don't have kids in Lincoln anymore.  So, don't have that added benefit of going.  I'll pick games to go to once the season starts.

If I lived closer or in Lincoln, I would probably do the 3 game package again.

• 3 weeks later...

I get the feeling if they're close enough to sellouts this year they'll once again continue the streak via the "Red Carpet Experience," but if the season turns south they'll let the sellout end.

If they can prop it up one more year, and the team does well, maybe it continues more organically in coming years.