Sellout Streak in 2022

4 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I get it that its Oklahoma, but are they really worth an extra $70 with one less game and none in conference? 

I just noticed its buy 1 OU ticket, get 2 tickets to each of GS and ND games.  So that's why the cost is more.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's a weird deal for Oklahoma. What am I supposed to do, buy two of those packages, then sell the other double-tickets for GS & ND? Most people don't go to games alone.

I wonder if there are only single seats available for the OU game?

I am guessing it has nothing to do with single seats.  It has to do with inventory/demand for the GS and ND games.

You can't just buy a single game ticket to only the OU game through the ticket office.  They are forcing you to also buy tickets to the GS and ND games.

Pro teams do this all the time.  If you want to buy a singe game tickets to the Viking/Packer game in Minnesota, you also need to buy a ticket to a preseason game.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I am guessing it has nothing to do with single seats.  It has to do with inventory/demand for the GS and ND games.

You can't just buy a single game ticket to only the OU game through the ticket office.  They are forcing you to also buy tickets to the GS and ND games.

Pro teams do this all the time.  If you want to buy a singe game tickets to the Viking/Packer game in Minnesota, you also need to buy a ticket to a preseason game.

I get their desire to unload "lesser" game tickets. My curiosity is what they expect people to do with Sooners tickets. People don't usually go to games alone. How do they get that second ticket? 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I get their desire to unload "lesser" game tickets. My curiosity is what they expect people to do with Sooners tickets. People don't usually go to games alone. How do they get that second ticket? 

Buy 2 OU tickets for you and the missus, get 4 GS/ND tickets to take the whole family.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not sure they really care as long as they're sold.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

That is not bad at all. I believe fans that aren't on the rolling train are doing the wait and see results before they spend their money on tickets. The sellout streak I don't believe is gonna stop any time soon.

Well it already has after they gave away tickets last year to make it a "sell out "

It doesn’t matter how the sell them or at what price beyond ‘nil’ I suppose.  They’ve pretty much one price fits all the whole stadium for 50 years now.  And we all know some are worth more than others in a fair market value sense.  The price has always included a % that’s essentially a donation to the school. But one way or another somebody paid $$ for every seat (or moneys worth).  I’d dare say probably a majority of seats are used by someone other than the buyer (family, friends, relatives, bus assoc, etc etc).   

i find it amazing they get more than double the FMV (street game day price) for so many seats with a team without a championship in 20 years!   Fans are astoundingly supportive, despite the productivity/quality decline.  Nebraskans love Husker sports and FB unlike anywhere else on the planet, imo.   A massive stadium which seats about 4% of the entire population!   Nowhere else comes close.  GB packers sell well but I can’t think of anything that really compares in any sport.