Sellout Streak in 2022

22 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

The sellout streak in the sense that everyone actually thinks of sellouts died long ago.

Maybe you are right but it represents something that no other college team has been able to pull off.  When the sellout streak ends, I think we see a fairly significant drop.  Some people are attending just to keep it going.  

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’d like to see a future where USC and Lincoln Riley roll into town in the top 5 to take on Urban Meyer and the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Watch GameDay and Big Noon battling for who can get there first. :lol:

Man the beginning of 2010 was fun wasn't it? Looked elite, felt elite, dominating our first few weeks... god that was nice.

• Plus1 1

I have come around on this.  I wanted it to die because it was being propped up and was booster saved, but if it does end I think it heads south quickly.  I think a lot of people continue to purchase just to help keep that going.  That may be the last straw with how bad things are for people to finally walk away and then we lose our last advantage, fan support.  It may come back quickly if we ever win games again, but one more failed hire and that may be it for what we have known over the years and we see some games with huge empty spaces in the stands. 

22 hours ago, Husker03 said:

I've been at all of the games in Memorial that we have lost. It's getting old and hard to do. Easy to say support the boys through thick and thin if you haven't been doing it through all of the thin....

'I'm a better fan than you' is how this came off. Just curious, were you there when we lost to Syracuse in 61? Since you've been to all the games. If its so hard to do stop going its pretty simple. I'm sure there is someone else who won't find it so difficult.

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

'I'm a better fan than you' is how this came off. Just curious, were you there when we lost to Syracuse in 61? Since you've been to all the games. If its so hard to do stop going its pretty simple. I'm sure there is someone else who won't find it so difficult.

Context is key here as I was responding to a post by a person who comes to one game/year telling the 90k in Memorial that they need to continue to show out every week because the program deserves support. I was just pointing out the reality is, many of us who go very regularly have seen plenty of crap football over the past 10 years and don't need to be ordered to continue to waste 56 hours and $2000+ every season by somebody who drops in every now and again and still enjoys it, win or lose. This entire thread is about the sellout streak.. And it WILL be over if we don't trend up soon. We are not obligated to be fans of a messy product.  That doesn't make me a better or worse fan than anybody else and that is honestly the last pissing match I would ever care about.  I care about the fact that the team I love is bad.  Real bad. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 9/20/2022 at 3:23 PM, TGHusker said:

Yes, I've moved from watching at the Oklahoma Cornhusker Club (got too depressing sitting wt a bunch of guys crying in their beers:wasted), to watching from my TV, to last week - just listening while doing something enjoyable - trimming my elm tree with a pole chain saw.  

Chainsaw GIFs | Tenor

I used to go watch those game several years back with the Oklahoma Cornhusker club. It was at a hotel. Usually about 100 people or so. I haven’t been since Pelini. Used to be a fun time. Usually drank a bit more that I usually would, but always had fun. 

5 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Context is key here as I was responding to a post by a person who comes to one game/year telling the 90k in Memorial that they need to continue to show out every week because the program deserves support. I was just pointing out the reality is, many of us who go very regularly have seen plenty of crap football over the past 10 years and don't need to be ordered to continue to waste 56 hours and $2000+ every season by somebody who drops in every now and again and still enjoys it, win or lose. This entire thread is about the sellout streak.. And it WILL be over if we don't trend up soon. We are not obligated to be fans of a messy product.  That doesn't make me a better or worse fan than anybody else and that is honestly the last pissing match I would ever care about.  I care about the fact that the team I love is bad.  Real bad. 

Me too and I care about what decisions are made in order to correct how real bad we are.

6 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Who cares if the sellout streak ends.

I kinda know what you mean. On the other hand, every single national broadcast of Nebraska football leads by acknowledging this NCAA record. It's still a thing. 

If it's being consistently propped up by donors who could be giving the money to literally any other need, it's time to let it go.