Sellout Streak in 2022

12 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

In the eyes of virtually everybody in the country (especially those that know that donors have kept it on life support) the sellout streak ended a couple of years ago.

Every school has boosters.. Nobody else has a sellout streak.  It hasn't ended because it hasn't ended. The tickets have been sold, that is literally what that means. It's not called the "sell out streak to any one person with an income level under 100k."

14 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

quit littering the countryside with 60,000 red balloons, and hang up the black shirts until such a time down the road that they mean something. 

We did and did. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

In the eyes of virtually everybody in the country (especially those that know that donors have kept it on life support) the sellout streak ended a couple of years ago. That is not a bad thing, as maybe the program needs to really turn the page. Call the sellout streak done, quit littering the countryside with 60,000 red balloons, and hang up the black shirts until such a time down the road that they mean something. Putting a black Siri on most of todays defensive players is an insult to many of your past great players.

With a new coaching staff, begin some new traditions that todays students and fans can really get ahold of and move forward with. Maybe time for some BIG changes.

When Hayden Fry came to Iowa, he changed it all, including the logo. The Pittsburgh Steelers were winners, so he copied the jersies down the the size of the pinstripes. This was after lots of years of bad football during the Bob Cummings era. 

Don’t kid yourselves, there will be plenty of top tier coaches that would love the job. I am betting that a few years from now, the past 20 will be distant history. Trev is a standup guy and I would guess that there is plenty of administration and booster support.

To the bolded:  if past performance is indicative of future results, we are essentially screwed.  This is basically what we've been telling ourselves for the last two decades.  Pud had people convinced that there were plenty of top tier coaches that would love the job.  Then, he went out and hired his eighth or so choice because everyone else told him no.  I still can't believe that top tier coach Houston Nutt turned us down.  I'd love to be optimistic, but we've been the program where each step forward seems to be followed by ten backwards.    

7 hours ago, CyHawk said:

In the eyes of virtually everybody in the country (especially those that know that donors have kept it on life support) the sellout streak ended a couple of years ago. That is not a bad thing, as maybe the program needs to really turn the page. Call the sellout streak done, quit littering the countryside with 60,000 red balloons, and hang up the black shirts until such a time down the road that they mean something. Putting a black Siri on most of todays defensive players is an insult to many of your past great players.

With a new coaching staff, begin some new traditions that todays students and fans can really get ahold of and move forward with. Maybe time for some BIG changes.

When Hayden Fry came to Iowa, he changed it all, including the logo. The Pittsburgh Steelers were winners, so he copied the jersies down the the size of the pinstripes. This was after lots of years of bad football during the Bob Cummings era. 

Don’t kid yourselves, there will be plenty of top tier coaches that would love the job. I am betting that a few years from now, the past 20 will be distant history. Trev is a standup guy and I would guess that there is plenty of administration and booster support.

So i dont think your trolling because youve been here  a while but let me try to explain something to you that i know you will understand.  Being a old program means you have alot of old traditions.  Now we havent shared conferences for very long but i think you can understand history and tradition.  Some of that has nothing to do with championships.  What if i went onto hawkeye nation and said, you know what.  Floyd of rosedale is nothing but a humerus attempt to cover up racism in the 30s and it should be banned.  Or alittle lighter and say.  Iowa is not the only state that has farming, why do they get to have ANF on there helmets not others.  Or somehow the wave is a way to exploit kids to promote the hospital.  Honestly, traditions are there because they were started by people before our time and they are honored traditions and celebrations in memory of what happened.  Which is why the bits of broken chair is truly the most unique new rivalry trophy to ever come out in the last 20 years because it was totally random and happenstance.  So really thanks but no thanks, well keep what little tradition we have left.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1