Sellout Streak in 2022

Don't understand the negative emotions about the sellout streak with a coaching change coming.  If we (i.e. the boosters) keep it alive, and we can start having decent seasons, it's a hell of a marketing tool next season and down the road.

If we don't right the ship this time, I won't care cuz then I'm out. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
13 hours ago, B1GRED said:

Don't understand the negative emotions about the sellout streak with a coaching change coming.  If we (i.e. the boosters) keep it alive, and we can start having decent seasons, it's a hell of a marketing tool next season and down the road.

We’ve been riding it for two decades 

My brother plus his 4 are going to the game this week from Ft Collins. 
Also planning a trip w my 69 yr old dad and 2 brothers for later in the season, 3 from CO one from Nashville. 

gonna take my 2 kids to a game as well, from CO, just we 3. 

I don’t care if it’s “sold out” or not. Many people plan to go to games, many come from miles. If you can go, go. Don’t not go if you can just to spite some weird thing like a sell out streak. 

I finally see what everyone in the nation says “what else is there to do?”  Well hell, if you can go to the game…go. What else you gonna do? 
go to the damn game. 

23 hours ago, B1GRED said:

To the bolded:  yeah, I said the same thing when Callahan was hired.  Yet, here I am.  Even if we screw the pooch with this next hire, you will be back just like all the rest of us.  We can't help ourselves.  

Here is one way to keep the sell out streak alive -  reduce the size of the stadium like NW is going to do.   OK, I'm joking in case someone thinks I'm serious. 

I never knew NW stadium was such an ancient hole - no permanent lighting :dunno

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-big-ten-school-plans-on-tearing-down-football-stadium/ar-AA12mD0q?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=481615c8816b4997bd93e5e884e17b99

The university plans to tear down Ryan Field, which opened in 1926, and construct a more modern stadium with a smaller capacity, according to Danny Ecker of ChicagoBusiness.com.

"The $800M project would be privately-funded and set up the venue to host concerts, among other non-football events," Ecker tweeted

According to a press release from Northwestern, the new stadium will be designed for "significantly smaller" crowds with a capacity of 35,000. 

NU also claims that the new structure will have "the best sight lines in college football and a premium experience, including chair backs, for every fan as well as an innovative student section modeled on other sports; cutting-edge technology and scoreboards; upgraded concessions featuring food from local restaurants; and iconic design features inside and out."

Located in Evanston, Illinois, Ryan Field currently has a total capacity of 47,130 and is the only FBS stadium in the country without permanent lighting. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

To the bolded:  yeah, I said the same thing when Callahan was hired.  Yet, here I am.  Even if we screw the pooch with this next hire, you will be back just like all the rest of us.  We can't help ourselves.  

True.  Actually quitting the Huskers would actually be harder to kick than Hunter Biden kicking ciggarettes/crack/heroin/booze/hookers combined.

But like all addicts, sometimes I loath my addiction, especially coming down after a loss.

So come on Huskers, I need a bump on Saturday.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...