Top 25 qb's entering the 2022 season!!!

I believe that Casey Thompson should at the very least be in the top 20 bc he led the big 12 in passing touchdowns. But to not even mention his name in the just missed out list sure tells me that they arent giving him his credit just like Texas didn't or even thinking about him in their process of qb's. What I have to say about Adrian is well his stats may look good but who knows if or when the game comes down to him anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Tier 14 - man no love for the Huskers and Casey.   I think he will use that for motivation.  My gut tells me he will surprise if the OL improves and we'll say "Adrian who??"

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Tier 14 - man no love for the Huskers and Casey.   I think he will use that for motivation.  My gut tells me he will surprise if the OL improves and we'll say "Adrian who??"

Tier 14 exactly my point he led the big 12 in touchdown passes and yes his stats would have been better if he didn't hurt his thumb but come on Tier 14 no respect at all.

19 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Tier 14 exactly my point he led the big 12 in touchdown passes and yes his stats would have been better if he didn't hurt his thumb but come on Tier 14 no respect at all.

he sure seems to have a better resume then the rest of the guys in tier 14....

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The guy that wrote this is an idiot. Not only did Thompson beat out and start over a guy 9 tiers ahead of him, the dude who wrote it got the situation entirely wrong "Card was Texas starter before going down with an injury"...no he was Texas starter until he was pulled the first game and replaced with Thompson who won the job long term. That took 5 seconds of research. 

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1

I find it nearly impossible to believe CT is that bad!   His film reminded me too much of AM but I got to believe Whipple Joseph, Applewhite, Beckton, Trev, et al., couldn’t find somebody better than the bottoms of the barrel.  I’m not sure about Frost’s judgment of players and talent anymore but the entire staff has input in a must win year.  Everybody knows 2022 is THE year.  Without substantial, impressive, almost outstanding improvement, the whole staff may be job hunting this Christmas.  

CT has some skills, experience, and plenty of self confidence.  I wasn’t always sure AM really believed he could get it done at critical times.  Whipple will coach and command respect and have expectations that don’t include a ‘no fear of failure’ montra.  If the coaches don’t have high expectations, why would the players they are teaching?  

22 hours ago, TGHusker said:
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thompson was playing like a top 5 QB before the hand injury.   I'm surprised that doesn't earn him a little more clout.  Better to be underrated than overrated in these preseason lists, I suppose. 

Exactly i feel like that a lot of people aren't giving him any credit and it shows. That's why i believe they can get to 8 wins bc of his play and what he has surrounded by him wr's and running back. CT once he starts winning will change the perspective of Nebraska football this year.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:17 PM, Huskerfollower4life said:

Rattler in Tier 4 and Thompson in Tier 14? Remind me which QB led the Big 12 in TD passes last year? (Hint: Rattler had less than half as many as Thompson.)

On 6/1/2022 at 1:53 PM, TGHusker said:

My gut tells me he will surprise if the OL improves and we'll say "Adrian who??"

That's... a pretty damn big 'if'.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, Toe said:

Rattler in Tier 4 and Thompson in Tier 14? Remind me which QB led the Big 12 in TD passes last year? (Hint: Rattler had less than half as many as Thompson.)

That's... a pretty damn big 'if'.

Not saying Casey and Ratter aren’t comparable, but rattler only played 5 games and some change. So Casey should have about twice as many. 

43 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Not saying Casey and Ratter aren’t comparable, but rattler only played 5 games and some change. So Casey should have about twice as many. 

I hate when good players come here and they automatically get devalued or they automatically lose star appeal. Its like Casey got no credit at all. Its ok he and the rest of the team will prove to people that they shouldn't. It gets frustrating to sit here and see that list bc i know CT should be way higher and its my believe that if it was a Blueblood program he be rank accordingly.

• Haha 1

CT should be be ranked at least Tier 5. Nothing against any of the qb's ranked higher or lower just leading the league in td's has to mean something. Beating out Card and playing better then him should also go into account. Don't get me started with Ewers he is the greatest quarterback not to even start. Nebraska i will admit has shot themselves in the foot by the choices or decisions they have made but least give them credit where credit is due don't devalue a young's man accomplishments or achievements.

• Haha 1