Top 25 qb's entering the 2022 season!!!

13 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Not saying Casey and Ratter aren’t comparable, but rattler only played 5 games and some change. So Casey should have about twice as many. 

Baloney, look at the attempts, not the games. Thompson had 24 TDs in 261 attempts (9.2%), Rattler had 11 TDs in 187 attempts (5.9%). 

There's a reason why Rattler only played a handful of games...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Toe said:

Baloney, look at the attempts, not the games. Thompson had 24 TDs in 261 attempts (9.2%), Rattler had 11 TDs in 187 attempts (5.9%). 

There's a reason why Rattler only played a handful of games...

Bc the media goes off potential and not what have you got done or been doing. You look at the list and they say tier 14 Casey who???? That's disrespectful to the young man's name and play. Now if comes here and doesn't do so well with a healthy thumb ok mid tier qb but tier 14 give me a break that's a running joke that everyone outside of Husker nation believes is true. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
On 6/2/2022 at 11:05 AM, The Dude said:

Thompson was playing like a top 5 QB before the hand injury.   I'm surprised that doesn't earn him a little more clout.  Better to be underrated than overrated in these preseason lists, I suppose. 

You damn right he was.

Casey Thompson, son of OU legend Charles Thompson, will quietly prove his critics wrong.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Bc the media goes off potential and not what have you got done or been doing

I see a lot of potential for Rattler.

To end up on a list of all-time biggest busts...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, admo said:

You damn right he was.

Casey Thompson, son of OU legend Charles Thompson, will quietly prove his critics wrong.

I think he doesn't do it quietly. I think he goes out and makes a statement that sets the tone for the team succeed all season and during the lead up to playing Oklahoma just watch they will be praising CT and Nebraska!!!!

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think he doesn't do it quietly. I think he goes out and makes a statement that sets the tone for the team succeed all season and during the lead up to playing Oklahoma just watch they will be praising CT and Nebraska!!!!

I  hope we all will be drinking a lot of :koolaid2:  after the OU game. 

I think we would all be better off if we acknowledged that outside from a few serious/good/insightful writers, ESPN at this point is mostly a Disney-backed click and engagement farm and that they say and write outlandish things to get video and page views. Casey Thompson is obviously not as bad as his ranking but getting in a froth about this stuff is silly and is giving them exactly what they want. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
15 hours ago, Toe said:

I see a lot of potential for Rattler.

To end up on a list of all-time biggest busts...

IDK the "Rattler sucks" stuff is pretty wildly out of proportion. He was one of the best QBs in the country as a freshman and was a more efficient passer than Williams last year and has a tremendous ability to create out of structure, which would have been great for us considering our O-line. I know that won't be popular because of his personality but I would have loved to have brought him from a pure on-field standpoint.

• Fire 1