With adding Washington how does our WR depth chart look like now?

The only place I think our WR really lacked was YAC.  Toure was about the only one who got many yards after catch.  I think the main problem was the line coupled with the QB.  Plenty of open guys missed either due to pressure or QB who is only looking at one side of the field.  That could be due to many things ie, starring down the rec who is "supposed to get the ball", pressure, or play calling like a roll out or half roll.    Hopefully the QB this year can have time to read the field and receivers can just run and catch.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

This is one of the best WR rooms Nebraska has EVER had...remember we ran the option for 100 years so limited years but I think it could be. Doesn't include a few good young FR either. 

Palmer

Manning

Washington

Martin

Garcia-Castaneda

Brown

Let them play a game first 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Decked who do you think starts the first game at all 3 wide receivers positions? Me personally Manning, Palmer and third guy is a toss up Alante Brown or Marcus Washington. Hopefully the drops are in the past for Washington and it doesn't follow him during fall camp.

I don’t know who is working at what position. Depends on how Castaneda returns. My money is Palmer, Manning, Brown/Martin as your top 3/4 with Castaneda, Washington, & Belt working in. Surely if we want a group of 9 Liewer/Hahn, & maybe Bonner or Crawford. Don’t have high hopes for Hardy, Jones Jr, & Grimes to do much. 

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

I don’t know who is working at what position. Depends on how Castaneda returns. My money is Palmer, Manning, Brown/Martin as your top 3/4 with Castaneda, Washington, & Belt working in. Surely if we want a group of 9 Liewer/Hahn, & maybe Bonner or Crawford. Don’t have high hopes for Hardy, Jones Jr, & Grimes to do much. 

Yeah I don't have high hopes for Jones Jr or Hardy but Grimes is in between. He could potentially be in the mix during fall camp.

57 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Jones Jr and Hardy will be processed out next year. They're tackling dummies until then. 

Not that I'm surprised but the fact that we are talking about processing out a kid that's a true freshman is pretty indicative of where we were at with WR recruiting.  We are incredibly lucky that Joseph fell into our lap when he did.