Most Impactful

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The thing that concerns me about Washington is that I've read a number of places that he had a problem with drops.  That's not necessarily something that can be fixed with just a change of scenery or the voice in his ear.

True but maybe Micky Joseph can bring out the best in him bc he only has 2 seasons left meaning MJ can and will clean that up.

28 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Ok, what else would it be? Not trying to troll or argue. Please expand on what else would cause a receiver to drop passes. I am always willing to learn more. 

A receivers ability to catch has some to do with how comfortable he is in a system.  Being confident in your route, your QBs ability to get the ball to you on time, etc.  It can be like the yips... one guy struggles and other follow suit.  It is more mental than people think.  

That said, the really good ones could catch balls anywhere.  

8 hours ago, Hilltop said:

A receivers ability to catch has some to do with how comfortable he is in a system.  Being confident in your route, your QBs ability to get the ball to you on time, etc.  It can be like the yips... one guy struggles and other follow suit.  It is more mental than people think.  

Pretty much what I was thinking. You just explained it better. 

7 hours ago, Hilltop said:

True and the really good ones also drop balls too just not a consistent basis. i say this bc watching film on him he really didn't drop balls thrown at him. Alot of them were contested balls from what i saw.

15 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True and the really good ones also drop balls too just not a consistent basis. i say this bc watching film on him he really didn't drop balls thrown at him. Alot of them were contested balls from what i saw.

It's all horses#!t.  Washington is a very good receiver, a former 4 star highly recruited player that went to the Longhorns.

He went to the portal, and committed to the Huskers from Texas.

The end.  Period.

Nobody had any problems with this, and 99 out of 100 saw this as a great addition to the team.

21 minutes ago, admo said:

It's all horses#!t.  Washington is a very good receiver, a former 4 star highly recruited player that went to the Longhorns.

He went to the portal, and committed to the Huskers from Texas.

The end.  Period.

Nobody had any problems with this, and 99 out of 100 saw this as a great addition to the team.

But some old dude in Lincoln Nebraska scoured the internet to find any information on him, grabbed something from a dodgy website, and got everybody talking about a drop problem like it's gospel. 

Embrace Washington, and do not listen to a s#!tty website (brought to you by a poster stirring the pot of BS) about bad hands.  

I understand just maybe they said that bc he hadn't been as productive at Texas wanting him in  to be in 2 years or whatever. They never got the full potential out of him like we didnt get out of AM.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand just maybe they said that bc he hadn't been as productive at Texas wanting him in  to be in 2 years or whatever. They never got the full potential out of him like we didnt get out of AM.

Thanks, this wasn't towards you because I agree when you said "really good ones drop balls too".  Everyone does at times.

Edit: got carried away

9 hours ago, admo said:

IWashington is a very good receiver, a former 4 star highly recruited player that went to the Longhorns.

At this point in his career I'd hesitate to call him a "very good" receiver. Outside of one game last year he has been a minor contributor.

2019: 3 catches for 33 yards
2020: 4 catches for 56 yards and 1 TD
2021: 18 catches for 277 yards and 2 TDs (5 for 100 and 2 TDs were in one game against Kansas).

In 3 years he's made 25 catches for 366 yards & 3 TD's.

• Plus1 1