Most Impactful Coaches

I think its Whipple and its not even close.  Couldn't really describe to you wtf our offensive philosophy has been the past few years.  OL group is key for sure but frankly, we've been without consistently solid OL, RB, and WR play for close to 5 years now and that largely goes back to an overall offensive philosophy with too many identities, none of which we were good at.

• Plus1 1

O line play has been very weak far too often over four plus years.  But I remain somewhat hopeful that new blocking and play calling and play design will make the most difference as recruit additions are fairly ‘ify’ imo.  Still, I don’t believe the O line will be the reason things don’t succeed, more often than not, should things not go well. 

Most important, for me is Whipple being allowed to flex and change a number of down & distance and other plans/strategies.  I want them to focus on executing basic run and pass plays in more traditional ways and manners.  Be confident in running the ball on many more downs than in the recent games, especially in the opponent’s side of the 50.   That’s key to grinding out first downs and getting points, especially TDs.  I think Whipple will have the knack for play calls that keep the defenses guessing.  
Whipple is my choice for most important coach as a result.