The Mandalorian - Season 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

18 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Just watched and I'm not sure what to feel. First episode was definitely table setting for what the rest of the season is going to focus on. Still not a big fan of the sect that Din is apart of.

It was one of the worst episodes of the series, but based on how good most of them are, I'm not worried.

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It was one of the worst episodes of the series, but based on how good most of them are, I'm not worried.

Yeah it was overall fine, but it just feels different. Think it's because there's this overall storyline that Mando is working towards that I don't vibe with (1st season had him keeping Grogu safe, and then 2nd trying to find a Jedi to teach Grogu). If they want to say something about religious zealotry with the sect in question and how archaic and dangerous some practices are, then I might like it better.

• 1 month later...

I canceled Disney Plus awhile back but thought I might turn it on for a month to binge watch Mandalorian.  Then I read on another message board how bad season 3 is. This thread seems to have died after a bad first episode. How bad is it? I think I may skip it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 1:03 PM, nic said:

I canceled Disney Plus awhile back but thought I might turn it on for a month to binge watch Mandalorian.  Then I read on another message board how bad season 3 is. This thread seems to have died after a bad first episode. How bad is it? I think I may skip it.

It's not bad, it's just different. Not as much focus on Din and Grogu, but on Mandalorians as a whole. 

Overall, it's the worst season of the series, but it still has some great moments. I'd give it a 7/10, overall. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching last night.  Seems to me like the whole series (three seasons) was kind of the same thing.  Individual episodes were pretty interesting and entertaining.  But the kind of sucked at telling a cohesive story.  In season 1, the first two episodes and the last two really mattered.  The middle 2/3 was just Mando doing something to save someone but really didn't do much for the overall story.  Grogu was almost an after-thought by season 3 until the last 5 minutes.  And they spent a lot of time on a couple of storylines that just disappeared without meaning anything.

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 12:18 PM, Cdog923 said:

It's not bad, it's just different. Not as much focus on Din and Grogu, but on Mandalorians as a whole. 

Overall, it's the worst season of the series, but it still has some great moments. I'd give it a 7/10, overall. 

It was better than I expected, but I agree it was the worst season.