Concern

3 hours ago, admo said:

I like Frost.  I would not retain him if he doesn't get 6.

North Dakota at Home
Georgia Southern at Home
vs Rutgers 2-7  (big ten record)
vs Northwestern 1-8  (big ten record)
Indiana 0-9 at Home  (big ten record)
Illinois 4-5 at Home  (big ten record)

6 wins is progress on paper, and they keep him.  I would not be impressed if these were just the 6 wins tho. 

Personally I think the Huskers get these wins, and will find a way to win 1 (or maybe, possibly 2 wins) against the following

Based on what we've seen the last four years there is at least one loss lurking in those games.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Based on what we've seen the last four years there is at least one loss lurking in those games.

I know, in the past, for sure.  But we are missing a huge chunk of those super senior players, and 4 year starters.  Things might actually change  :dunno

With our terrible offensive line and our only running threat - Adrian - gone, I think it's going to be a tough season. The record improves to 5-7 or 6-6, but the team is worse.

Scott Frost should be fired with anything less than 7-5, but I think fans are convinced Frost is the only coach worth keeping so we're probably stuck with him even at 6-6.

• Plus1 3

I understand everyone's disbelief in Scott Frost and the losing. Not going to bowl games, mental breakdowns not playing discipline football its a combination of everything. Well im not going to predict what their win's or losses are going to be i do believe that SF has put the best roster to form a team to compete and win. I believe in Casey Thompson, Grant, Palmer and all the guys they brought in. Yes they have only have three months to put it all together but so does everyone else including Oklahoma. Yes they have had more talent bc of their winning ways but its going to take longer for them with everything that is new to them. For us concepts and formations are the same just with more wrinkle. As long as their are no major injuries this wont be SF last year and they will have a winning record and make it to a bowl game. SF didnt bring the coaches here and the good players here not to succeed plus i believe he had a heart to heart with AM and said look you been my qb for 3 years and i love you but im going to bring someone else in here and not a freshmen. SF can coach yes look at UCF and your going to state UCF had the talent bc it was in Florida, so does Nebraska. Nebraska has always had talent its just putting it together as a whole.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

With our terrible offensive line and our only running threat - Adrian - gone, I think it's going to be a tough season. The record improves to 5-7 or 6-6, but the team is worse.

Scott Frost should be fired with anything less than 7-5, but I think fans are convinced Frost is the only coach worth keeping so we're probably stuck with him even at 6-6.

A QB that can throw to a receiver that is open off the break is going to “help” the offensive line “play” tremendously.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly, I said this at the end of last year. I don't think him staying has anything to do the W-L record.  Too many built in excuses.  New staff, new scheme, a lot of new faces.  Inexperienced OL coach.  Lost our leading WR/TE/QB/DL/DB's etc....Then throw in the team trying to gel......I know the schedule "looks easier", but there 5 "should be" wins, but unsure where the 6th will come from.  If it was about the W-L record Frost should have never been kept.  As @walksalonementioned, if it was anyone but Frost, he'd already be gone.

In a normal world, 6-6 and a bowl should have been expressed by Trev as the minimum in order to continue into 2023.  

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, walksalone said:

I've been mulling over this for a couple days, and I'm not trying to start a debacle.

Frost's fifth season and he's never won more than 5 games. 

Heaven forbid we have another lackluster season, would winning 5 games, including beating OU, be enough to keep him around?

I think he's going to need to be at least .500, and not get the proverbial doors blown off in the losses.

Please pardon the meandering, but this has been vexing me for a while now..

There's a part of me feels that Frost will be back even with a 5-7 season. However, Trev and the powers that be could absolutely feel otherwise.

That said, I'm even weary of him coming back with a 6-6 year because with 4 years of no bowl we need to be past barely becoming bowl eligible. It also does zero for momentum and recruiting. You could convince me with a 7 win season along with a bowl win. 8 would be progress to me with this schedule. We absolutely need those games against NW, IU, RU and Purdue. Depending on if the silly mistakes and incompetence has gone away, I'd even give us a decent chance against OU with a beginner HC but Frost has lost to a rookie in Tucker so there's that.

9 hours ago, lo country said:

Sadly, I said this at the end of last year. I don't think him staying has anything to do the W-L record.  Too many built in excuses.  New staff, new scheme, a lot of new faces.  Inexperienced OL coach.  Lost our leading WR/TE/QB/DL/DB's etc....Then throw in the team trying to gel......I know the schedule "looks easier", but there 5 "should be" wins, but unsure where the 6th will come from.  If it was about the W-L record Frost should have never been kept.  As @walksalonementioned, if it was anyone but Frost, he'd already be gone.

In a normal world, 6-6 and a bowl should have been expressed by Trev as the minimum in order to continue into 2023.  

no schedule is easy when you can't even consistently beat the worst teams in your division. I know Frost has had some difficult schedules so far but if he could have just had a winning record vs purdue, Illinois and Minnesota he would have made multiple bowl games by now. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Wow so out of all the husker fans on this board nobody believes he can turn it around? Does anyone not believe in the players he is bringing on? Bc with 5-7 or 6-6 record your telling it doesn't matter who they brought in. Your pretty much telling me that SF is a bum a** coach. I dont believe that for a second. So what happens if SF has the success or close to success of Michigan State are you guys going to give him his credit or am i going to hear you did yourself well but it took you long enough??? or not even that bc you will immediately start looking into next year and say he's not going to substance it. 

3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

no schedule is easy when you can't even consistently beat the worst teams in your division. I know Frost has had some difficult schedules so far but if he could have just had a winning record vs purdue, Illinois and Minnesota he would have made multiple bowl games by now. 

If AM played better we be in a better position to win those games. AM and this is no disrespect to his character bc you couldn't have asked for a guy like that but he was good from a far but far from good. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow so out of all the husker fans on this board nobody believes he can turn it around? Does anyone not believe in the players he is bringing on? Bc with 5-7 or 6-6 record your telling it doesn't matter who they brought in. Your pretty much telling me that SF is a bum a** coach. I dont believe that for a second. So what happens if SF has the success or close to success of Michigan State are you guys going to give him his credit or am i going to hear you did yourself well but it took you long enough??? or not even that bc you will immediately start looking into next year and say he's not going to substance it. 

I think your posts shows you that you joined the board on May 20th of this year ... 8 days ago.

Quite a few of the folks you see posting have been die-hard fans and even on this board for a good number of years.  We will be elated to see :bigredn: competive and go 8-4 or 9-3.  There will be more than enough praise and it would put hope in our sails.

A number of contributing members have bloviated 11-1, 10-2 and 9-3 seasons since Frost came in.  So, for me, it's refreshing to see them see 6-6 or 5,7 finally.  I think my best optimistic record since Frost got here was 8-4 [and I was the pessimist].  After the 4-8 seasons and always being "one player away", maybe our emotions don't think that a few more of the "one more player" comments move our emotion bar.  BUT, I will give Scott kudos for going 8-4 if he gets that done. That is more than doable for these circumstances.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

At this moment in time, Scott Frost is indeed a bum a$$ coach. He is 15-29 in 4 years, but you apparently think that's a job well done huh? To EXPECT 8 or 9 wins with that track record is foolish. To HOPE for 8 or 9 wins is different.  He hasn't shown me a damn thing to tell me he can win 8 games in the Big Ten however. I would love to see it and to stop talking about the same crap we always do, but I will believe it when I see it.

I also chuckle when you act like these transfers are all magically going to be all conference Big Ten players when they either didn't produce at another P5 school beyond Thompson and Mathis, or played at a lower division and are unknowns in big boy football. Some will contribute for sure, but a lot won't also.  That's how this works.  To say a coaching staff that has had a horrible record to date with transfers and JUCO can do what MSU just did is laughable at best.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1