Concern

5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If AM played better we be in a better position to win those games. AM and this is no disrespect to his character bc you couldn't have asked for a guy like that but he was good from a far but far from good. 

If Martinez was so bad it should have been easy for an offensive guru like Frost to recruit and develop some better and not have martinez start 4 straight years.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, runningblind said:

At this moment in time, Scott Frost is indeed a bum a$$ coach. He is 15-29 in 4 years, but you apparently think that's a job well done huh? To EXPECT 8 or 9 wins with that track record is foolish. To HOPE for 8 or 9 wins is different.  He hasn't shown me a damn thing to tell me he can win 8 games in the Big Ten however. I would love to see it and to stop talking about the same crap we always do, but I will believe it when I see it.

I also chuckle when you act like these transfers are all magically going to be all conference Big Ten players when they either didn't produce at another P5 school beyond Thompson and Mathis, or played at a lower division and are unknowns in big boy football. Some will contribute for sure, but a lot won't also.  That's how this works.  To say a coaching staff that has had a horrible record to date with transfers and JUCO can do what MSU just did is laughable at best.

I never said that 15-29 is good but that doesn't mean he is a bum a** coach bc of his record here. Yes i will admit that i thought that they should have made a bowl game already but in reality they haven't. Every coach that Nebraska has hired in recent years have struggle in their own way. Most Nebraska fans want a proven winner a national championship coach but you and i know that's not a reality. Yes Nebraska is a proven brand but not in today's world of young kids. But when SF came here i realistically gave him 4 to 5 years bc in a place like this its hard to win. Im glad that SF has made changes. You can tell that this a different vibe. If he doesn't get it done then Casey Thompson isnt winning. Im not saying the players have to be all conference im saying playing as a team within a team and that'd all you need to happen. 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I'm not saying losing is ok but like i said the majority of people will always have a solution to a problem but not a problem to the solution. I can understand the frustration's of losing but nobody here is going to admit that they wont turn on the tv to watch them play this season. If you tell me your watching them to lose then your still watching. 

• Haha 1

No way should Scott get canned if he wins 7 or more.  This university has a horrible history (tradition) of firing coaches after winning seasons.  Let's hope the admin and fans realize that and learn from being quick on the fire trigger.  if you want to can a coach wait until they have a losing season!  A bad season will show up if the coach is truly bad.  Firing a winning coach after a winning season will create further problems in hiring a new coach...  "coach goes 7-5 and they fire him??  I am not working for that guy!"  we've heard something like that before (Solich).  

On 5/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, Dogs In A Pile said:

Based on what we've seen the last four years there is at least one loss lurking in those games.

I’m thinking the same until I see otherwise.

Frost’s buyout drops dramatically after the first 1/3 of the season.  If Huskers were to drop 2 of 3 against Northwestern, Rutgers, and Indiana paired with a bad loss to OU, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fired and an interim named…

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow so out of all the husker fans on this board nobody believes he can turn it around? Does anyone not believe in the players he is bringing on? Bc with 5-7 or 6-6 record your telling it doesn't matter who they brought in. Your pretty much telling me that SF is a bum a** coach. I dont believe that for a second. So what happens if SF has the success or close to success of Michigan State are you guys going to give him his credit or am i going to hear you did yourself well but it took you long enough??? or not even that bc you will immediately start looking into next year and say he's not going to substance it. 

It’s not that I don’t believe he can, it’s that he hasn’t shown a track record at NU to make me believe he will.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

It’s not that I don’t believe he can, it’s that he hasn’t shown a track record at NU to make me believe he will.

That's a great assessment of a lot of husker fans believe in him not thinking he will be able to turn it around. I think he should have made better or faster decision as a coach but that doesn't mean i don't think he will. i think he has taking the steps to improve the team football players and coaches. All it takes is a little winning to improve people's thinking.

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's a great assessment of a lot of husker fans believe in him not thinking he will be able to turn it around. I think he should have made better or faster decision as a coach but that doesn't mean i don't think he will. i think he has taking the steps to improve the team football players and coaches. All it takes is a little winning to improve people's thinking.

No doubt about that.  It’s what I’m hoping for.