Concern

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I’m thinking the same until I see otherwise.

Frost’s buyout drops dramatically after the first 1/3 of the season.  If Huskers were to drop 2 of 3 against Northwestern, Rutgers, and Indiana paired with a bad loss to OU, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fired and an interim named…

MJ, for sure.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I really think we get to 8 wins this year.  If not I'll be disappointed but I don't think they can let him go with anything 6-6 or better.  Even if the team looks great, 5 or less and he should be gone.

Just got to know how a 5-7 team can look great?  
by Neb standards, 5-7 is terrible and after 2-3 of those out of 5, it’s a guaranteed termination pre-Frost anyway. 
8-4 is a disappointing season for most top

25 programs.  9-3 is “woulda, coulda, shoulda” year. 10-2 is very good year and with a bowl win, where NU should be 2 out of 5 years at least.

It is just crazy how far the program has fallen.  I feel Neb football is on the very edge of the abyss of football purgatory from which there may be no return in a lifetime(s).  This year simply cannot end up in the 3-4 win state or the chances of recovery are nearly nil (not NIL).  In that sense, Frost deciding to stay is a big gamble for him and Neb football far beyond the next 180 days.   Trev and the Regents and President have a lot bet on Frost somehow reversing trend and doing something very special.  I don’t know if 8 wins is enough but 9-3 and a bowl win would be enough to stay and give recruits and transfers and the roster reason to believe better days are likely.  

• Plus1 1

I try not to get taken in by such things.  Calling NU the best 3-9 team is meant as an insult of course.  The ‘best worst’ or ‘pretty ugly’.  Or, if you weren’t so bad, you’d be good!   Just nonsense and a trophy for participation, with a pat on the back and ‘good game’ handshake after a 30 point drubbing. 

it’s a LONG way from 3-9 to 9-3, no

matter how many total points separated the scores.   For example, as NU gradually improves its team, our opponents will take the game more seriously and raise their own play level.   We need a 10 point per game improvement in offense to turn those 4-6 losses into 2 point wins.  

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Because that’s what the pat on the back or handshake is after a thirty point loss.  Nonsense. Pretending you’re better than what you are.  3-9 is just not ‘best’ at anything. 

It’s better than Northwestern, Buffalo, and one other team. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Because that’s what the pat on the back or handshake is after a thirty point loss.  Nonsense. Pretending you’re better than what you are.  3-9 is just not ‘best’ at anything. 

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch any games last year.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch any games last year.

Nebraska got beat by every team in its divisions outside of Northwestern.  That was the only conference win.

Are we really caught up with point differentials?!?!

Last year was a s#!tty year, no matter the scores.

• Plus1 2