Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Frost doesn't need your "trust".

He has friends in high places.

And an undefeated season.  Yes, that's a big deal on any coaches resume.

Frost wanted Mickey Joseph previously but he wasn't available.  Same for the Walters/Lubick transition.

Part of the "hand" Trev had in these hires is letting them know he has their....and Frost's.....back.

That doesn't answer my question about what he's done to prove to you that he can win in the Big Ten. I am waiting for someone to genuinely answer that question.

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think fans should be able to look at the good things Adrian did while he was here and at the same time be optimistic about the future with our new players.  Talking trash about him does us no good.  I personally think Adrian is going to do well this fall and I think Nebraska takes a small step forward, goes to a bowl game, and starts on the path towards being good again.  

Well said my man, I feel the same way.

Interesting enough, how about this little gem I noticed:

9/17 Oklahoma at Nebraska

9/24 Kansas St at Oklahoma

Looks like 2AM gets to see the Sooners right after us.  OU will be their 4th game of the year, just like the Huskers 4th game as well.  I can't wait to watch and see if either can upset the Sooners.

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

That doesn't answer my question about what he's done to prove to you that he can win in the Big Ten. I am waiting for someone to genuinely answer that question.

So what your saying is just bc he has a record of 15-29 a lackluster o-line, crap for special teams and had a qb that tried his hardest to succeed but didn't you don't see the prove???? Proof is that they had to get better coaches and players to succeed and he addressed that. If SF doesn't get it done no bowl game no more then 5 wins a losing season then who WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE THEM COACH THEM??? Its not going to be a proven winner i dont care what anyone says they aren't leaving their universities to come here. Rookie coach i presume but im not even thinking about that bc this season wont be a disappointment.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

It looks like us not being in the OU, MSU, Michigan or OSU games where he kept our offense afloat because our tackles couldn't block a third grader. Sound like a lot worse season to me but don't let me stop you from getting in some smarmy whining.

I think I agree last year could have been worse without Martinez, assuming Smothers turned the ball over at a similar rate.  But you said we're about to realize.  Implying this year. 

What does "a lot worse season" this year actually look like?  One win instead of three?  Winless?

Not sure how you're misinterpreting the question as smarmy whining but okay.  Personally, I'm expecting a much improved team with the offseason moves we've made. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I've never had to throw a football with my jaw.  The thumb is pretty important in that task.  

You ever try to focus on throwing a ball while running for your life with a broken jaw? All I'm saying is it's pretty lame to make an argument that an injury showed Thompson is better than he put on tape while also saying Martinez's injury meant nothing to his play.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So what your saying is just bc he has a record of 15-29 a lackluster o-line, crap for special teams and had a qb that tried his hardest to succeed but didn't you don't see the prove???? Proof is that they had to get better coaches and players to succeed and he addressed that. If SF doesn't get it done no bowl game no more then 5 wins a losing season then who WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE THEM COACH THEM??? Its not going to be a proven winner i dont care what anyone says they aren't leaving their universities to come here. Rookie coach i presume but im not even thinking about that bc this season wont be a disappointment.

Hiring new coaches and getting transfer players doesn't prove anything, that's what I'm saying.  There is no reason to believe he can win in this conference.  He is 10-25 in the Big Ten.  We have never won more than three conference games every year of his tenure.  Three in 18/19/20, and just one last year.  It simply boggles my mind that all of this board isn't raging at that fact.  How on Earth have any of you come to accept that?  If Frost fails yet again,  I don't care who is hired, literally anyone else, because we already know what we're getting with Frost.  The proof is in the pudding. 10-25.  If we just don't care about winning at all anymore then let's keep him because he played here once.  

I'll leave you to it now for the rest of the summer.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
19 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Stats will show that but what everyone seems to not understand or forget Casey played with a messed up thumb all year during and after the Oklahoma game. I dont think we regress at all. AM played his tail off but im glad we and he has moved on. This topic seems like a bad divorce but we just need to let by gone's be by gone's. Let AM live his life and whatever comes from that congratulations.

We're talking about Skylar Thompson, the former KState QB.

15 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Really?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hookemheadlines.com/2022/01/06/1-thing-casey-thompson-did-really-well-that-texas-will-miss/amp/

"Thompson led the Big 12 in 2021 in terms of passing touchdowns,  quarterback rating, first downs, and was third in passing yards when he had less than 2.5 seconds to throw the ball. He registered 19 passing touchdowns, just two interceptions, more than 1,000 passing yards, and more than two-dozen first downs when he had less than 2.5 seconds to get rid of the football."

I’ll buy your tailgate a keg if AM has better numbers.

See above comment.  You got your Thompsons mixed up.  Given the topic and the moving parts, easy mistake to make!

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, runningblind said:

The only way to prove anything is to actually do it.  In the meantime it's all hope and potential.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

You ever try to focus on throwing a ball while running for your life with a broken jaw? All I'm saying is it's pretty lame to make an argument that an injury showed Thompson is better than he put on tape while also saying Martinez's injury meant nothing to his play.

I have had broken ribs while playing.  I'm not discrediting his injury but when you are comparing one has nothing to do with the actual motion of throwing a football.  its like saying a kicker didn't play well because he had a broken toe on his kicking foot and then saying well the other kicker didn't play well either because he had a broken finger on his left hand.  

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, runningblind said:

Yes, really.

https://theathletic.com/3264779/2022/04/26/nebraska-cornhuskers-football-preview-scott-frost-casey-thompson?source=user-shared-article

959703595_Screenshot_20220601-223340_TheAthletic.thumb.jpg.e4f08dd3fb3b279cd23ed529ab5be766.jpg

Stats from Pro Football Focus, not hookemheadlines. Pressured significantly more, better completion percentage for a much higher average and generated 30 more first downs.  TD/INT numbers aren't stellar but they are definitely better.  I'll take Fat Tire for my keg.

Because “Walk it back” Mitch Sherman is a trustworthy source? Pro Football Focus, who has Cam Jurgens graded out as the 26th best Center last year? Who credits a qb hurry/sack-fumble against the OL after the QB hesitates with a clean pocket, when there’s a wide open WR on the slant route? 

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

Because “Walk it back” Mitch Sherman is a trustworthy source? Pro Football Focus, who has Cam Jurgens graded out as the 26th best Center last year? Who credits a qb hurry/sack-fumble against the OL after the QB hesitates with a clean pocket, when there’s a wide open WR on the slant route? 

I think you misspelled "I was wrong"

• Plus1 3