Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Kansas State's QB had only 4 picks last season.  If Adrian can do that or at least have a similar TD/INT ratio it'll be the best season of his career by far.

That's a harder task to achieve then Nebraska trying to win. He's great with his legs but arm not so much so im not trying to bring his name down just the reality of facts is if he would have cut his turnovers down for us we be in a better spot ourselves and that never happened.

• 5 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

He probably has a head coach now that’s a breath of fresh air in comparison.  CK is an easy guy to play for.   The immense pressure of doing everything has been lifted.  I’d expect That sharing a backfield with Deuce also lightens the load.  CK will also game plan for AMs personal success, I can’t think of a better dude to play for at this point in his career.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Herd said:

He probably has a head coach now that’s a breath of fresh air in comparison.  CK is an easy guy to play for.   The immense pressure of doing everything has been lifted.  I’d expect That sharing a backfield with Deuce also lightens the load.  CK will also game plan for AMs personal success, I can’t think of a better dude to play for at this point in his career.

I'm actually really excited to watch some KSU games this year.  It's going to be very interesting to watch what AM does there compared to his time at NU.  I don't think he's going to produce much more than he did for the Huskers, but I'm curious what his production will look like and what they ask him to do.

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm actually really excited to watch some KSU games this year.  It's going to be very interesting to watch what AM does there compared to his time at NU.  I don't think he's going to produce much more than he did for the Huskers, but I'm curious what his production will look like and what they ask him to do.

He certainly is a threat in the running game, but I expect him to run a lot less.  Developing him as a more effective passer with less TOs is the key to his success.  CK is all able defense, ball control, good decisions making.  CK ideal QB, an Easton Stick clone.  Great decisions, controlled passing, run selectively and effectively, don’t turn it over.  Nobody did it better.

I doubt that the K-State team has more talent on it than the 2017 team that had:

-JD Spielman

-Stan Morgan

-Devine Ozigbo

-Maurice Washington

-Brendan Jaimes

But I understand that these are just the types of sound bytes athletes give to the media.   :)

6 hours ago, Herd said:

Developing him as a more effective passer with less TOs is the key to his success.

You think this will happen in one offseason where he's been limited?  Seems like we were hoping for this for the last three years.  It'll be one hell of a coaching job if it does.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You think this will happen in one offseason where he's been limited?  Seems like we were hoping for this for the last three years.  It'll be one hell of a coaching job if it does.

Having him play QB instead of RB-QB, and taking some rushing pressure off would be a good start.  Then I’d establish a set of routes that fit his skill set to move him to the level of a more effective passer, and someone that values the ball.  Uncoupling him from a tightly wound coach on the hot seat will also allow him to play more freely and succeed, along with the addition of a stud RB.  I’m expecting good things from AM.

1 hour ago, Herd said:

Having him play QB instead of RB-QB, and taking some rushing pressure off would be a good start.  Then I’d establish a set of routes that fit his skill set to move him to the level of a more effective passer, and someone that values the ball.  Uncoupling him from a tightly wound coach on the hot seat will also allow him to play more freely and succeed, along with the addition of a stud RB.  I’m expecting good things from AM.

The RB bit is probably his greatest strength, though.  Kind of odd to take away a player's greatest strength.  And I think if teaching him to make good decisions in the passing game and not turning the ball over were easy, it probably would have happened sometime in the last four years. 

Best of luck, though. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1