Ex-Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez says Kansas State is 'most talented squad' in career

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The RB bit is probably his greatest strength, though.  Kind of odd to take away a player's greatest strength.  And I think if teaching him to make good decisions in the passing game and not turning the ball over were easy, it probably would have happened sometime in the last four years. 

Best of luck, though. 

You make a great point.  I believe he will have a good year but I think a lot of that will have to do with less errors around him.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Thats so degrading and disgusting. Whoever got enjoyment from doing that while he fought his hardest for this team YOU SHOULD BE A SHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!! PEOPLE THAT CALL THEMSELVES FANS IS SICKIN!!!! WHY DON'T YOU GO TRY AND BE A QUARTERBACK FOR A PROGRAM OTHER WISE SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DISREGARD YOURSELF FROM THE PROGRAM PLEASE!!!! APPARENTLY WHOEVER RAISED YOU DIDN'T TEACH YOU THAT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Thats so degrading and disgusting. Whoever got enjoyment from doing that while he fought his hardest for this team YOU SHOULD BE A SHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!! PEOPLE THAT CALL THEMSELVES FANS IS SICKIN!!!! WHY DON'T YOU GO TRY AND BE A QUARTERBACK FOR A PROGRAM OTHER WISE SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DISREGARD YOURSELF FROM THE PROGRAM PLEASE!!!! APPARENTLY WHOEVER RAISED YOU DIDN'T TEACH YOU THAT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL.

…the off-season is complete…,holy hell :bang

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I was thinking the same thing.  I expected and except AM to have some big days providing he stays healthy.  Mizzery will be a better test for him next week.

"Some fans may feel underwhelmed with what he showed them in this game. To be fair, though, he didn’t need to do anything special to lead his team to this victory. The Wildcats won so easily that coaches pulled him at the end of the third quarter and let third-stringer Jake Rubley finish things out."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article265301246.html#storylink=cpy

11 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I expected and except AM to have some big days providing he stays healthy.  Mizzery will be a better test for him next week.

"Some fans may feel underwhelmed with what he showed them in this game. To be fair, though, he didn’t need to do anything special to lead his team to this victory. The Wildcats won so easily that coaches pulled him at the end of the third quarter and let third-stringer Jake Rubley finish things out."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article265301246.html#storylink=cpy

Won easily with a run heavy offense?  Why I'll be.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

The book is out on how to beat AM.. Apply pressure and force him to throw, knowing he will make mistakes. SD didn't have the horses to do that. What I did see was a KSU team that was able to take some of the load off of him with a run game and great special teams play. That will go miles toward making him more successful in the w/l column. If they guy wanted to have a good senior season with more wins than he would likely garner here at NU, a less physically taxing season with less weight on his shoulders, and the ability to crash at night with the woman he loves, then by all means, this is a great situation.. If the guy was hoping to flex for NFL scouts and position himself for future drafts/career, it's not likely to help there. SF sold him the ability to scheme entire games around him. 4 years later, I presume KSU sold him on the ability to scheme games that barely needed him..

2 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Consider K-State's win and how little Martinez was required to contribute, perhaps supports his quote about most talented squad he's played with. Perhaps its more a coach thing, but still...

He’s a handoff QB now. Probably doesn’t hurt as much